24 : Good Behavior

Frank's POV

Marge forced me to do interviews after the trial. But I was too happy to argue with her about it. Gerard got a minimal sentence and I was told I could visit him, just not yet.

I was still making a lot of money from all of this and I was still modeling. I hated all the photographers, I can't help it. It's not the same without Gerard. I miss everything about him. I still slept with his shirt every night.

Now I have a prosthetic leg. I absolutely hate it, I rarely use it, even though everyone told me I need it. But Gerard did this to me, and I'm grateful he saved me I don't need something extra. Plus he can just carry me when he gets home.

I wasn't allowed to see Gerard for two months. I hated waiting for him but it was worth the wait. And today I get to see him. The hospital was huge and horrifying. But I didn't care. I get to see my favorite person today. I decided to use my prosthetic, I wanted to be able to walk in there. Using a wheelchair or crutches can be difficult in some situations although I much prefer it. I think Mikey prefers when I use my wheelchair, he just has fun pushing me around.

I got up to visitation and saw Gerard sitting at a table waiting for me. He noticed me and his face lit up. He looked like a mess, his hair was a little crazy, greasy too and he looked exhausted, purple bags under his usually bright hazel eyes. The sight of him both excited me and shattered my soul.

I noticed a few other people having visitation spaced out around the room. Most of these men looked absolutely insane, a few of them glanced over at me. My heart raced knowing Gerard had to live with these people. I forced myself to ignore them, fixing my gaze on the love of my life.

"Frankie! You're walking?" He stared down at my legs in awe as I sat down.

"Mhm. Prosthetic." I smiled. "I hate it but I wanted to show you."

"Aw now I can't carry you around." He fake pouted, I could tell he was pretending to be happy for me. He's clearly suffering and putting on a front for me. I just want him to be happy, for real.

"You absolutely can." I forced a laugh for his sake. "I miss you."

"I miss you too, baby." He huffed a weak sigh.

"Are you doing okay?" I glanced around the white walls. I don't like it in here, it's a bit creepy. I don't like knowing he's trapped in here like a caged animal. I'm certain he was treated poorly.

"Yes. I mean they're drugging me but I feel just fine." He smiled. Again, it looked forced. I just wanted to reach out and hold him, I want to make it better. He was always there to make me feel better, I want to do the same for him.

"Am I... am I allowed to touch you?" I glanced over at the angry looking security guard. I hate this, I hate knowing he's in here.

"No." He frowned. "I'm sorry, darling."

"It's okay." I sighed. "I just... I miss you."

"You already said that." He chuckled, this time sounding more genuine.

"I mean it." I mumbled. "Nothing feels right without you. I need you." I admitted although I'm sure he knows it.

"I feel the same." His frown deepened. "I'm just happy to see you didn't forget about me." He actually sounded genuine. As if it were possible for me to just forget about him.

I immediately gave him a look that said, are you fucking stupid? How could I ever forget him? He's the love of my life.

"Never." I shook my head. "I think of you everyday."

"Thinking of you is the only thing that keeps me sane." He whispered. His face fell slightly and my heart broke. He's clearly struggling and he doesn't want to admit it.