23 : Bail & Trial

Frank's POV

Gerard was moved back to New York for his trial. But for now he was stuck in jail, that is until I found out how much his bail was.

Twenty five thousand dollars.

That amount of money was nothing to me and I planned on paying it. They won't let me visit him in jail, but if I pay his bail, he can stay with me for a while. That's exactly what I was going to do. Nothing could stop me now that I know I can see him again. I was so desperate to be with him again, to see him, to touch him. I will do anything I can to be with him.

I have my own apartment now so he can stay with me. Another plus was that I could use crutches again, my leg was healing well. But still everyone tried to stop me. I don't care about their pleas for me to be reasonable. I was being reasonable. I want to be with the love of my life. I need to be with him. I wish Ray and Mikey could see how serious I was, how I truly do love Gerard.

"You can't be serious." Mikey stared at me. He had come over to visit as I was getting ready to get a cab to the jail, sitting on the couch with my crutches next to me. I huffed a sigh at him, glancing up to see his broke expression. I wish he wouldn't look at me like that.

"I am serious." I pulled on my hoodie, giving him a look that said, don't test me.

"I won't let you." He shook his head. "You're insane."

"Maybe." I shrugged, not caring that he was calling me names, today was going to be a good day for me no matter what. "But you really can't stop me."

"Frank..." he got down on my level. "You can't keep hurting yourself like this."

"Mikes." I frowned. "If you love me... let me do this."

He didn't say anything to that. Instead he helped me outside and got a cab for me, getting in with me after putting the crutches in the trunk. He seemed torn up, like he wasn't sure what he should be doing. I was just happy he wasn't fighting with me. I love him so much, I can't stand the thought of him being mad over this. It's stupid really. A few weeks ago I had screamed at him that I hate him, I had apologized a day later, he knows I could never hate him.

"You're coming with me?" I asked incredulously. I didn't expect him to come along. I know he despises Gerard, why would he want to see him? I don't want them to meet right now. I need this to be a happy reunion.

"I'll leave when we get there. I don't want to see him. I might beat the shit out of him." He admitted.

"He's stronger than you think." I mumbled. I know Gerard would absolutely destroy Mikey but I didn't want to say that to him. I briefly recalled Gerard fists connecting with my face. His sharp kicks to my gut... but I shook those thoughts away, he's better now. He loves me. He would never hurt me. Not again.

We drove to the jail in silence but Mikey took my hand and squeezed it. He was trying his best to be a good friend, I know that. I appreciate him. I know Ray wants no part in this, I'm actually grateful for that.

When we arrived he helped me go inside before hugging me tight. This hug felt like a true goodbye, like I wouldn't see him for a while. Maybe I wouldn't.

"You know I love you right?" He asked sadly, pushing his glasses up his nose.

"Yes." I smiled. "I love you too, Mikes."

He smiled a little and left me alone. I had already paid the bail, I was just waiting for them to give Gerard back to me. I saw him walk out and my heart hammered in my chest. He looked a bit like a mess. His hair untamed, dark circles under his eyes. He looked so broken, yet still he was grinning from ear to ear, looking at me.