14 : You Can't Deny That I Love You

Frank's POV

I'm confused.

This isn't my shitty little bed and this isn't a shitty mattress in a dark and creepy basement. No, this is too comfortable. I blinked a few times, remembering I was in Gerard's bed and looked over to see Gerard curled up on the edge of the mattress, as far away from me as possible. I frowned. I didn't expect that. Gerard seems to crave affection, I almost expected him to be laying on top of me. Not that I wanted that. I watched him for a moment, he was breathing slow and steady. How easy would it be to reach over and wrap my hands around his throat? To choke him? To watch the life drain from his eyes? No. I'm not a bad person, I'm not like Gerard. I'm better than that. Besides, I'm sure he would wake up before I got very far. I don't want to know how he would react to me trying to kill him.

I groaned as the pain in my legs hit me hard, a bitter reminder of my current situation.

"Frankie?" Gerard mumbled, rolling over and blinking at me. He looks sleepy, his hair sticking up in all directions, my pained sounds clearly woke him. I laughed a little at him. He looks ridiculous.

"What?" He quirked an eyebrow at me like I was crazy.

"Your hair." I laughed again despite the intense pain.

"Oh." He smiled a little and ran his fingers though it, taming the mess. "Are you okay?"

"I need a pill." I told him, needing it now, not wanting to wait any longer.

"Yes, of course." He rolled out of bed and walked out of the room. He came back a few moments later and handed me a pill and a glass of water. "Here you go, baby."

It was getting easier to ignore his pet names for me. I took it from him and chugged the water down before handing the glass back to him.

"Thank you." I sat up a little more and looked around his room, the closet was slightly ajar and I noticed a guitar sitting in the back. "You play guitar?"

He shook his head, following my gaze. "Not very well."

I stared at it with wide excited eyes. I used to play all the time. Mikey was drunk one night and broke my guitar. I was pissed at him for two days before he came over and brought me a gift. It was a stupid band T-shirt but I couldn't help but to forgive him. His pleading eyes worked to well on me. I'll always have a soft spot for Mikey's puppy dog eyes. I got busy after that and never got around to buying a new guitar. Being a model more or less took over my life, I never had time for things I enjoy.

"Do you play?" He asked, drawing my attention back to reality.

"Fuck yeah I do." I laughed.

"You can have it." He walked over and pulled it out. Bringing it over to the bed I noticed how nice it was, expensive. It was a lovely shade of blue.

"Really?" I glanced up at him and he smiled and nodded.

"Only if you play something for me." He added.

I nodded quickly and pulled it into my arms. I strummed and noticed it was way out of tune. I silently tuned it by ear as he sat down on the edge of the bed. I could feel his eyes burning onto me. I could see his crooked grin from the corner of my eye.

Once in tune I looked over at him. "What should I play?"

"Hm. Have you written anything?" He asked hesitantly.

"Of course I have." I rolled my eyes dramatically.

He smiled. "Please, play for me." He encouraged.

I closed my eyes and let my fingers find the frets without much thought. I began playing, focusing on the feel of the guitar in my hands. I haven't played in a while but it came naturally to me. I tried to ignore Gerard's prying eyes, although he was staring intently. I enjoy playing, it's almost therapeutic to me. I let the song take over and I could almost picture sitting in my apartment on the couch. I could hear Mikey singing out of tune and Ray with his gorgeous singing voice. They always asked me to play, Mikey always wanted to learn to play bass. I got him one for his birthday but I'm pretty sure he still doesn't know how to play. Ray can play guitar too, but I always encourage him to sing. After I finished the song I looked over at Gerard to see an awe struck expression on his face. I nearly forgot he was sitting here, too lost in my fantasy. I sighed.