5 : Car Ride and Confusion

Frank's POV

My head is pounding. That's the first thing I noticed. The pain is excruciating, making it difficult for me to open my eyes. I squeezed my eyes shut before attempting to blink a few times. My eyes adjusted slowly to the darkness around me. I glanced around and realized I'm in a car. When did I get in the car? I'm not that drunk am I? Did Ray drag me to the car again?

No.

This isn't Ray's car.

I glanced over to the driver and my eyes grew wide. It was Gerard. He glanced at me and smiled, it looked like he was about to laugh but didn't. I tried to move my hands and looked down to see they were bound together. I tugged against them before looking back up to Gerard.

"Hello, sweetheart." He greeted me, his voice was sickly sweet. I hate it.

"What the fuck!" I finally found my voice, it was rough, unused until now.

"Calm down." He glanced at me before looking back to the road. "Everything is fine."

What the fuck is happening? I quickly put the pieces together and grasped my situation. I recall standing in the alley to smoke, feeling dizzy. Gerard was there, my head is spinning now as I remembered him grabbing me and shoving a needle into my neck.

He drugged me.

He abducted me.

I pushed myself up against the door to put as much distance between me and Gerard. He continued to glance at me from the corner of his eyes.

He sighed heavily. "Do you have a headache?" He worried his lower lip between his teeth, his grip on the steering wheel turned his knuckles white. His voice was laced with worry.

I stared at him, not able to believe my captor is trying to make small talk with me. I couldn't get myself to speak again, so I nodded slowly.

"I have something for that." He murmured. "I'll give it to you when we pull over."

I watched his fingers drum against his thigh. It's strange to me how he's acting. Why the fuck does he care if I have a headache? In most movies I've seen, the kidnapper is cruel and unforgiving, why the fuck does he care? I don't want to continue conversation with this freak, I'm utterly furious I'm being held against my will. All I did was nod and fix my gaze on the dusty dashboard. I want to know where we're going, where he's taking me, but once again I couldn't bring myself to open my mouth.

Oh god.

Gerard is going to kill me isn't he? He's taking me to a remote location and he's going to kill me. I told Mikey and Ray this would happen. Why doesn't anyone believe me? Why didn't they help me? No, I can't blame this on them. It's my fault for not being more careful, I should have known better than to smoke alone, knowing Gerard had been stalking me. I could feel my stomach churn as the nausea hit me. I rest my head against the window and tried to control my breathing.

After three more long hours of driving in silence, I made myself look at Gerard. He looked nervous, like he was uncertain of what he was doing to me. Maybe he's having second thoughts about killing me, maybe I could convince him to let me live. More than anything I needed to know where he was taking me.

"G-Gerard?" I forced his name past my lips, it tasted bitter on my tongue.

"Yes?" He smiled ever so slightly.

"W-where are we going?" My voice shook as I spoke.

"Seven more hours, darling. I'm sorry." He paused. "I know it's a long drive."

He didn't really answer my question so I tried again. "W-where?"

"Don't worry." Is all he said.

I dropped my head against the window, feeling defeated. I tried to pull at my hands again but Gerard grabbed them in his hand and stopped me. I jumped at the contact and pulled away from him. He retracted his hand as if I shocked him.