Chapter Twenty-three

Start from the beginning

Samuel punched him on the shoulder, the phone nearly fell.
  "What the hell?"

Samuel waggled his brows."Lover girl huh?"

  "I figured as much,"Jordan said from my side, making me glance at him briefly.

"It's my sister."Chris defended.

"There, there,"Jordan unraveled his hand from behind me, pulling forward.

"You don't even smile when you're texting me."

Samuel rolled his eyes."And I'm yet to meet someone who smiles dazedly when they're chatting their sister."

   "Maybe he's into incest y'all."I muttered but Jordan definitely heard me, laughing richly.

"Chris did you hear? Lewis says maybe you're into incest."

Samuel convulsed with laughter, fist bumping me.

Chris shot me a be careful look to which I of course, shrugged innocently and did my sigh face.

   When the teasing was over and with a deflated look, Chris threw his body on the bed, Samuel started announcing his news.

"Now that I have your attention, I was saying, you see we'll be free throughout the day after the Mass so I was wondering if we could all go out to explore. You know, chill around, explore the outskirts of the town–"

"We're not allowed outta the school,"I pointed out. "And I hope you're not suggesting we sneak out coz that's a no-no for me."

"Be assured name pal,we aren't sneaking out. We'll walk through the main gate like normal people. No hiding business."

"You trying to say that we'll be allowed to step out of the school? These babysitters will let us?"Jordan inquired confusedly.

"You'll see,"Samuel winked."It's what they do on their sacred days. From my brother, they grant us this chance to free us out so that they can observe some sereneness in the school."

"Is it compulsory?"

"Oh naah,"Samuel shot me a wry look,"but nobody offers to stay either. I mean they barely let us out of the school so who wouldn't jump at the chance if they got it? Unless you're seriously ill and need to rest."

Chris perked up."So what time do they usually expect us? From what your bro told you?"

  "Latest nine p.m. everyone should've been back."

  "Oh cool,at least. I was gaging six or seven max." Jordan said.

"I know right. Why do you think the seniors were excited about today's Mass?"Samuel winked again causing Chris to huff.

"Enough with the winks already, you're scaring us. Just save us all by putting on your glasses."

Jordan and I shook with chuckles as we glanced at Samuel directing promising threats at him.

    The intercom pinged.

"Boys of this noble school,it is time for holy mass. You're all to meet at the auditorium right now. Good afternoon."

  "Sweet sweet afternoon!"deep voices chorused, resonating through the whole building to my amazement and right away, there were trampling footsteps on the corridor. Their enthusiasm was incredulous!

They had never been this hyper for church service!

"Free day!free day!,"menners continued to chant, the environment getting thrillingly noisy.