I could see the look in her eyes. She was undeniably in llve with this guy and there was absolutely nothing that I could do about it.

"Hey mom." I smiled, sitting down at the kitchen table next to her

"Hey Kym." she kissed my forehead

Laguna, macaroni and cheese, string beans different deserts and a centered roasted duck took over the table. This was one of the new traditions we came acustom to, living with David.

Speaking of the devil ! He walks in looking as formal as ever as if he's a freaking waiter.

"Kym.. would you like to say grace?"

I gave David my fake smile to please my mom then slowly rose out of my chair. My vision began to get a little blur and my eyes felt a bit heavy despite the fact that it was only five in the afternoon. That weed was finally starting to kick in, so I had to make this as quick as possible.

"Good bread, good meat, let's eat."

David gave me an approving smile, but mom gave me a blank look. This wasn't the usual grace she had taught me.

All of us ate in complete silence, only hearing the clatter and connecting sound of our silverware, until David cleara his throat..again.

"How's Keeyon?"

Another moment of silence broke through as I took my time to shuffle through my hazed mind and come up with an answer.

"Um, you know...w-why do you care?" I snapped

The silence took hold of the room. I didn't even bother looking at his face, let alone my mom's for that matter.

"Just trying to be concern." He sighed

A loud crashing sound of a slammed door alarmed me and my mom. David appeared unphased as he continued to eat his Christmas dinner. Footsteps came in louder and louder as the unannounce being made their way to the kitchen.

"David?" my mom exclaimed expectantly

I looked up at him, his expression was oblivious.

" What? " he smiled

I kissed my teeth and stood up from the table causing the chairs to screech. my feet lead me to the drawers and I pulled out a steak knife. If David was going to sit there and not take his role as a man to do anything then I was willing to protect my mom and myself.

" Kym." my mom called as I turnt the corner

At the blink of an eye someone was in front of me a suitcase in each hand. he looked freaked out as his eyes peered from my face down to the knife in my hand. he didn't really look like he was at all happy to see me after a while. He let go of both his suitcases and ran a hand through his ruffled brown hair.

" who are you?" He asked, arrogantly

" who are you?!" I repeated louldly

He smiled and took a cautious step forward me, extending his hand.

" I'm Thurston. And you are?"

I look down at his hand and rocked back and forth on my heels. he took his hand back and cleared his throat the same way David did.

" me, Thurston, you..."

Ha. So we have a comedian on our hands. Quoting Tarzan. How original.

" Im Kym, you dick." I spat

He put his hand to his chest and feigned hurt.

" And your a trespasser whos high I see." He laughed

" Trespassers? I live here!" I retorted

Thurston's expression changed. He narrowed his eyes and inhaled sharply.

" Dad ! " Thurston yelled

My eyes widened. So, this was David's son? And now my stepbrother? Davud walked into the hall laughing. Thurston gave him a murderous look that made me cringe.

" So you two finally met I see."

" Yeah, I almost met my death too." He sneered

I dropped the knife and exhaled deeply. David walked between us and put either of his hands on our shoulders.

" Thurston, this is Kymberlee, but call her Kym or she'll bit your head off. She's Wanita's daughter."

He looked at me up and down, analyzing my pressence. So in return I did the same to show him that I was far from intimidated.

" Nice to meet you." He smirked

I drew air from my mouth and rolled my eyes. "Too bad I can't say the same."

" Right." He smiled arrogantly

David cleared his throat to indicate that he was about to talk again.

"Kymberlee, here, is going to attend your old school and Wanita and I thought that it would be nice if you would drive her there for her first day. You Know For Bonding."

Thurston shrugged but I mean mugged. Why in the hell would I wanna be in a car with this boy. I alreadycan't stand looking at his face for more than five minutes. Urgh, this is gonna be a long year...

* * *

We all sat back down at the table, allowing complete and utter silence to fill the room. Honestly, it was better this way, and besides who wanted to hear David's voice let alone his son.

"So", David Clears his throat

So much for silence...

"Thurston, make sure you get Kym to school on time."

Thusrton smirked at me. I dropped my eyes and continued to play around in the macoroni with my fork.

"They are gonna eat you alive MaryJane." He chuckled

"The fuck ? My name is Kym, what are you deaf or stupid ?"

"Kym." My mom stretches out my name as she drops her fork

Oddly enough David looks amused. He rubs Mom's back.

"Well Im calling you MaryJane. Better than pothead." He shrugged

"Thurston." David sternly calls out

I have never heard David get the slightest bit of mad since I've met him.

"Ohkay, White Boy." I countered his remark

We just sat there staring each other down. Our eyes never budging or blinking. If he wanted war that's exactly what he was gonna get. Little does he know, I punched boys in their mouths quicker for smaller things than this. He better start counting his blessings.

~~Hey Guys.! :D Thanks For Those Who Read, Comments And Votes Because That Means So Much To Me. I Know I Know, I Have A Bad Habit Of Starting Stories And Not Finishing Them But Im Sorry.! I Live A Crazy And UUnpredictable Life So Please Do Me A Favor And Bare With Me, Anyways Vote Continue To Read And Comment What You Think! Don't Be Shy!

Lots Of Love

xQweshaa