Chapter One

"Hark how the bells ! Sweet silver bells ! All seem to say throw cares away ! Christmas is here bringing good cheer..."

Oh yeah ? For who ?

I must really be losing my freaking mind. Its either that or this weed that I'm smoking. Although, I can barely finish it with the snowflakes falling and putting it out, making my boyfriend slightly amused. Its close to Christmas, about a week away, but I'm like a galaxy away from being jolly. I'd rather sit here outside on the steps of my stepdad's porch freezing my butt off; than being in there with my mom and him, wanting to blow my brains out.

"Bahumbug." I grunt

My boyfriend lets out an adoreavle chuckle. Keeyon. Keeyon Parker. And ... Well that's pretty much it. There's nothing really exciting about him. I just keep him whenever necessary. Like times like this. Don't get me wrong, he's cute and a nice guy, but there's nothing really exciting about him... Whatsoever. Except for the fact that he can supply me with my only escape. And the only reason why he can get to it is because he steals it from him uncle.

"come on. It can't be that bad."

Keeyon's attempt to lighten my mood only made me roll my eyes at him. Sometimes anything that came out his mouth made me want to shove it back down his throat. Anyone that tried to lighten my mood about this situation made me want to rip their throats out.

One month was all I could take with this boy.

"oh but it is." I sighed

The blunt blew out for the final time and I shoved it into a pile of shoveled snow.

"Don't you want your mom to be happy, Kym ?"

' Don't you want your mom to be happy Kym?',I childishly mimiced him and anyone else I remembered saying that. But in my head. Everyone has been saying that to me for the past twelve months.

Do I want her to be happy ? Of course that's my mother ! But, when is someone ever gonna ask if I'm happy..?

"Kym."

I hear Keeyon calling my name, I feel him touch my arm, but I Just can't get myswlf to say anything. It was almost like I was frozen. Maybe my high was starting to kick in.

All I could do was stare out into the quiet, foggy abyss, that is my new home. After mom and David got engaged, he thought it would be nice if we moved in with him and his son who was flying in room California. Theres was an extra room for me since his daughter Crissie moved out to live with her mom when she heard I was coming.

"I gotta go." I abruptly said

Keeyon leant in to kiss me but I dodged it and stood up going toward the door.

" Text me." I laughed

After closing the door, my mood deepened its aggervation when an all too familiar noise arrose. The noise was my stepdad clearing his throat.

He was kinda tall, well way taller than me to say the least. He had short brown ruffled hair and small eyes. His facial hair was one of the things that annoyed me most about him. I don't understand why though.

"Thanks for deciding to join us Kymberlee."

Sometimes I thought he aggervated me on purpose. Calling me Kymberlee after I personally told him to call me Kym.

" My name is Kym." I sneered

"Of course, how could I forget."

His charming ways did not swoon me like the way they did my mother. To me he was just some old guy with money, like Donald Trump. But to my mom he was some sort of god, like Zeus.