Chapter 6 : Savior Grace

Maddison POV :
Majority of the people were drunk and ready to go home. I saw some students calling Uber other people had their ride come get them. I was at the bar having another couple shots of patron to calm my nervous. I was indeed drunk but to deal with tonight I needed to be wasted. Numbing myself help ease the pain away . I seen Katie walking with Ciyonna to tell me good bye. She told me that her cousin had to take her friend home.
"Damn, Coco I didn't get to meet your cousin or her friend." Maddison said
"You will Peyton is coming to our school on Monday and I can't wait!" Said Ciyonna
"Oh shit, now we gotta new bestie to add to our group I can't wait to hang." Replied Katie.
"Speaking of hang was that Terrance I seen on the dance floor close in your ear?" Question Maddison
"Girl, I thought you was over him and what happened freshman year." Katie said
"What could Terrance come all the way from college to say  that he couldn't have said on the phone. Investigated Katie.
"Look I have to go I don't need y'all nosey hoes trolling in my business when I'm ready to share I will!" Snapped Ciyonna.
"Since we being nosey I want to know why there are multiple of cuts on you arm Maddison!"
Do you care to share with the group, don't act like we didn't see them! Yelled Ciyonna
Just when I was about to speak here come Bennie screaming to the top of his lungs!
" Katie, Katie ! "What the fuck you drinking on foe you not suppose to be drinking !" "Your pregnant remember !" Screamed Bennie in a slur.
Everyone stopped in there tracks  and looked over katie with wide eyes. I could tell Katie was about to burst in tears from the embarrassment so I decided to calm her down.
"I know your fucking lying here I was tip toeing around the group about my freshman year pregnancy and your already pregnant.!" Yelled Ciyonna "I kept my shit a secret trying to fit in with yo ass because your Damn near a perfect princess!." Yelled Ciyonna.
"Okay , Ciyonna thats quite enough you have made your point we seem to all have secrets." Said Maddison.
"Fuck y'all, the only friends I have is my cousin and thats on Lyric I'm out." Yelled Ciyonna
I was totally shocked but I knew Katie was in disbelief. She ran out party crying so told Dionte take Katie home then come back for me. I figured if I stay and clean up it could by me some extra time to get a plan together. It was some nerve of Ciyonna to go off on Katie like she did. One thing I have learned over the years is that hurt people will indeed hurt other people.
Ciyonna was clearly not over what happen to her freshman year. If the rumors were true than I couldn't see how she wouldn't be still hurting.
So many stories were going around back then but no one really knows the truth. Some people say Terrance and Ciyonna started seeing each then he forced her to have sex with him. Others whispered that Ciyonna begged him to be with her and she got accidentally pregnant. People have even went as far to say he made her get an abortion. I never cared what really happened I was just there for Ciyonna when she needed us to be. I guess now we know there was a pregnancy wondered what happened to the bay? Crazy how Ciyonna just exposed herself in front of all those people. I know everyone in school will be gossiping about this party on Monday. I helped pick up most of the garbage from off the tables. I realized Bennie's gift box for cards was left on the table. Snatching it off the table I held it in my arms to put in Dionte's car. Carrying the box outside I walked pass a ginger hair girl that reminded me of someone I met before. Where have I seen that girl before I know that hair color but couldn't place it. I set the box in Dionte's trunk then gave Katie a hug.
"You better text me when you get home, I'm sorry about tonight I know how you wanted it to be." Maddison said.
"It's fine people were going to find out anyways I just hate having to tell my parents before I came up with a decision." said Katie
"Damn I did see Bennie's Auntie at the bar , You think she's going to tell his mom?" Questioned Maddison.
"I'm not sure but what ever happens you know I will let you know." Said Katie.
I told Dionte to be safe while driving to Katie's house and I went back inside to help. Remembering where I knew that girl from was heavy on my mind. Throwing the decorations in the trash I finally realized where I saw baby girl from. The nail salon but what was she doing at Bennie's party something is definitely up. She did mention us knowing the same circle but this was my first time seeing her around. Next party, 'I'm going to pay close attention to who see hang with cause I needed to know who she was.
30 Minutes Later ....
I was standing outside the venue waiting for Dionte to pull up. I wasn't really concerned with how long he was taking but more so if he was alright. As soon as I was about to call Katie to see if they made it home alright Dionte pulled up.
"Sorry mamas , Katie got car sick or morning sickness idk which one it's called and we had to pull over so she could throw up." Apologized Dionte
"It's fine I'm just glad nothing serious happened." Maddison said
I got into the car then opened my heat vent it was starting to feel brick outside. I love autumn , fall time was my favorite season it was always beautiful in the day but cold at night.
"So I'm going to take you back home for the night then tomorrow we can go out on another date." Said Dionte
"I can't stay with you tonight , I really don't want to go home plus I'm really drunk." Said Maddison.
"To be honest shorty I'm not gone be at home I have so much business to catch up on." Said Dionte
"Oh I see alright we'll you can take me home no big deal." Smile Maddison
I wished I didn't have to go home but there was no other option I'm not going to beg anyone. I don't need charity nor sympathy either my problems are my own.
We rode down the Eway for more than a hour the venue Katie picked was far from my house. I wasn't in a singing mood that's why I let Dionte have the aux cord. He turned on his playlist which included Kodak black, Moneybagg Yo, Youngboy and other rappers. We barely spoke the whole way driving home we kind of let the music talk for us. I should've made conversation but I was to busy overthinking. I started to say something but I noticed Dionte was around the corner from my house.
"Mamas did you have a good time tonight "? Said Dionte." You look like you were having the time of yo life dancing on the floor tonight". Laughed Dionte. "Mamas ?" "Maddison" ! Screamed Dionte.
I jumped in fear when I hear Dionte called my name. My palms were sweating and my leg was shaking rapidly. It's been 3 wonderful days since I haven't been home. However, I enjoyed ever moment of it but right now I was terrified of the outcome that happens when I step through that door. I only went to a friends house and to a normal parent it was nothing wrong with it. When you have a psycho stepdad like mines it's an excuse for a hour long beating. Is it hot in here I couldn't breathe nor swallow spit. What was I thinking how could I enjoy myself knowing I was going to be beaten when I got home. What if he isn't there I thought ? Maybe I could pack a bag and runaway he doesn't know anyone I hang with.
"Maddison wtf ! Mamas are you ignoring me on purpose?" Shouted Dionte.
I snapped out of my thoughts and answered him back. "Oh no , sorry I was thinking heavily sometimes I zone out." I faked a smile. I turned my head looking out the window watching us drive closer to my street. We were a block away and I was shaking at this point but I had to keep it together. I didn't want Dionte to get involved in my household drama. We pulled up to my house and the light were all off , I just might have a chance. As soon as the car stop I hopped out without even saying goodbye. Only thing on my mind was to get in the house pack and leave.
I walked up the pavement and up my three stairs swiftly. I push my key in gently then rushed into the house . Flying through the door I tripped over two bottles of beer and slammed onto the floor. Laying on the floor trying to get up I saw the light to the basement on and I coward in fear. The thundered of vibration that was coming from the basement staircase let me know I was too late. Block then cover with luck I will still be alive I thought.
Standing up I tried to run up the stairs when I felt a surge of pain hit my face. David snatched my foot and I fell face first on the stairs. He snatched my body around facing forward and took his swollen bare fist to my lip. My mouth gushed blood , dragging me down the last step I caught blood in my mouth.
"David please stop I spit the puddle of blood out , your going to kill me please I will be good!" Maddison screamed in agony.
" Shut up ! Bitch your not going to learn your lesson until you've been beaten everyday." David yelled
David kept hitting me over and over and I started to feel light head , Jesus please send me a miracle I said silently. Out the corner of my eye I saw a shadowy figure that looked like Dionte. To my surprise I instantly seen David get slammed to the floor.
Dionte POV
As I was pulling up to Maddison's house I got a call from a North side rich kid who was having a huge Halloween party tonight. He asked if I could slide on him and bring a ounce weed .
"Ayy yo what's goodie my boy, that joint cracking". Said Dionte
"You already know but can you bring a Ounce of weed and some pills." Said Richard
"I'm on my way I just dropped my shorty off so I should be to you in about 30." Said Dionte
"Fasho , I'll send the addy then have my Jamie come get it .
I hung up the phone and thought to myself why would Jamie come out instead of him. I'm not with that funny shit so I'll pass on that deal all money isn't good money. My phone was ring non stop despite that minor set back with Richard I had a bust load of customers. I was heavily buzzed feeling them shot from the party. Turning my head to tell Maddison bye but to my surprise she was gone. I got out my car to close the passage side door and realized she left her bag.
"Shit , shorty left her bag I should call her out to come get it. Dionte said.
I called Maddison over and over but her phone kept ringing then going to voicemail. "What is that girl doing I thought to myself ?" I grabbed her overnight bag and walked towards her front door. Walking up her three steps felt so overwhelming the energy near her house was weird.
I stepped up the two steps and seen her front door open. My drunk ass instantly remembered Maddison saying her stepdad hits her. Feeling this disturbing wave of fury the wrath Made me insane. I tried to focused my drunken mind as I pulled my gun out and rushed into the house. Seeing him on top of my queen had me in murder mode. I Jolted towards him picking his medium built Frame up. I threw him off of Maddison slamming his body into the wall. I could hear his moans as I punched through his face . I drew blood several times until I saw him laying there limp begging for forgiveness. I over heard mumbles from Maddison begging me to stop. 
"Tae st..st..stop , Tae please think about our future." Mumbled Maddie
I pulled my gun out holding it in my left hand as I wiped the sweat from my forehead with my right hand. Looking towards David I scream "Stay the fuck away from Maddison or your next time I wont let you breathe !" Walking over to Maddison I scooped her off the floor holding her close in my arm all the way to the car. I saw neighbors looking out the window and lights started to turn on in the neighbors houses. Jumping in my car I rushed started it up and looked at Maddison.
"You belong to me now baby and I won't let anything happen to you ever again" said Dionte
I sped off to my house thinking if any neighbors saw me carry Maddison to the car. A court case was something I didn't need at the point but I will do anything for Maddison. Maybe I found my wife because I know after tonight Maddison is my number one priority no one else matters.