Prologue

"Mamas did you have a good time tonight "? Said Dionte." You look like you were having the time of yo life dancing on the floor tonight". Laughed Dionte. "Mamas ?" "Maddison" ! Screamed Dionte.
I jumped in fear when I hear Dionte called my name. My palms were sweating and my leg was shaking rapidly. It's been 3 wonderful days since I haven't been home. However, I enjoyed ever moment of it but right now I was terrified of the outcome that happens when I step through that door. I only went to a friends house and to a normal parent it was nothing wrong with it. When you have a psycho stepdad like mines it's an excuse for a hour long beating. Is it hot in here I couldn't breathe nor swallow spit. What was I thinking how could I enjoy myself knowing I was going to be beating when I got home. What if he isn't there I thought ? Maybe I could pack a bag and runaway he doesn't know anyone I hang with.
"Maddison wtf ! Mamas are you ignoring me on purpose?" Shouted Dionte.
I snapped out of my thought and answered him back. "Oh no , sorry I was thinking sometimes I zone out." I faked a smile. I turned my head looking out the window watching us driver closer to my street. We were a block away and I was shaking at this point but I had to keep it together. I didn't want Dionte to get involved in my household drama. We pulled up to my house and the light were all off , I just might have a chance. As soon as the car stop I hopped out without even saying goodbye. Only thing on my mind was to get in the house pack and leave.
I walked up the pavement and up my three stairs. I push my key in gently then rushed into the house . Flying through the door I tripped over two bottles of beer and slammed onto the floor. Laying on the floor trying to get up I saw the light to the basement on and I coward in fear. The thunder of vibration coming from the basement staircase let me know I was too late. Block then cover with luck I will still be alive I thought.
Standing up I tried to run up the stairs when I felt a surge of pain hit my face. David snatched my foot and I fell face first on the stair. He snatched my body around facing forward and took his swollen bare fist to my lip. My mouth gushed blood , dragging me down the last step I caught blood in my mouth.
"David please stop , don't kill me please I will be good" Maddison screamed in agony.
" Shut up ! Bitch your not going to act right until you've been beaten everyday." David yelled
David kept hitting me over and over and I felt light head , Jesus please send me a miracle I said silently.