Chapter one : Whats my name ?

Maddison POV
SMACK !! was all I heard making me jump out of my sleep . I knew it was shattered glass crashing against the floor. I heard the front door slam and instantly began to panic. He is back and more drunker than last time. I shot out my bed and ran to my bedroom door. I reached up and twisted the locked. I had been saving for weeks to buy a bedroom knob with a lock. It has helped slow down my beating from him because I'm hidden away.  I ran inside my closet an said a prayer , god this can't be my life I thought.
I wish I had my mom, there's not a single day that goes by without me missing her cheerful face. I wish I knew she was on drugs before she overdosed.  I was only just twelve years old but I felt like I could've done something . She left me with my stepfather and his drinking has really taken over his life.
He use to be such a good person but now his anger get the best of him. I slid my headphones inside my ears and laid on my blanket spread over the floor. I could feel the banging on my door from the vibration of the ground. If I was quiet he would leave again and I could get some sleep. I closed my eyes then drifted off to bed .

NEXT Morning...
MY alarm went off blaring in my ear , I pushed the side button on my iPhone 12 . I went into the bathroom pulled my boy shorts down and sat on the toilet. My pee can rushing out my vagina like hot lava I felt so relieved. I wiped myself twice then hopped inside the shower. I squirted my coffee body scrub on my pink loaf , And scrubbed every inch of my body.
I grabbed my toothbrush, face wash, face oil and did my mouth hygiene. When I got out the shower I took my oil and poured it on to my body. If I didn't hurry up I was going to be late for school and I didn't feel like getting a tardy slip. I got dressed in some black jeans with rips holes and a black thrasher long sleeve shirt. I went into the bathroom reached in my medicine cabinet and found my razor. I needed to just relieve my pain from last nights event. This morning I had to re clean the kitchen from the broken glass all over the floor.
I began to slice thin cuts into my forearm, one by one I bled into the sink. I made sure not to cut to deep I really didn't want anyone to know about my toxic habit. Last time I cut way to deep and I had to miss school for two weeks. I wrapped my arm with tissue to stop most of the bleeding. Pulling my shirt down I let a tear slide down myself I wish life was better. Running down stairs I grabbed my key to lock the door and thought about my mom. This was my senior year of high school the best time of my life supposedly and I didn't have my mom at all.
I still remember finding her in the bathroom on floor with a needle in her veins. She was laying there lifeless I couldn't help wonder why I didn't know about her problem. Maybe if I knew about her being hook to drugs I could of gotten her help. I tried to walked to school as fast as I could even though I was about to miss the beginning of first hour . I had seven tardies in the last two weeks I really need to work on my time management.
10 Minutes later ...
I finally reached the front doors to my school Brickway high school , I entered my school and took everything out my pockets. I hated always having to walk through these ghetto ass metal detectors every morning. The security guard came over to wave me with his wand. I can't even believe they hired his young ass to be around all these teenagers. He had to be like 21 but fine ass fuck , his chocolate skin and long bread stuck out to me.
Good morning Ms. Johnson
Are you late again this morning yo lazy ass can't get out the bed ? Said James the security guard.
I rolled my eyes as James called me lazy , I was late an in a rush when I started to walk away James grabbed my wrist . He tugged on my shirt but I quickly snatched away . What ? I looked at him with an attitude.
He smiled licked his lips then told me that I forgot to grab my book bag. I told him thank you and he asked me to have a good day . I had so much on my mind this morning and it was clouding my head . Get it together Maddie I thought to myself while walking towards the front office. I always hated having to come inside the office , the vibes was always weird. The secretary had a stank nasty attitude every single day , she tried to play sophisticated but everyone knew she was ratchet .
Ms. Johnson I know you not in here for a tardy slip again this week? Said Ms. Hill.
Why can't you get out of bed on time ?
This doesn't look good on your record you need time management skills .
I looked at her smacking her gum as she tried to lecture me. I snatched my slip and headed towards first hour Africa American studies.