A Glimpse of a Future

The two of them rested their heads together with stupid smiles on their faces, "I love you so much Barr." She whispered.

Barry kissed her one more time to convey his feelings, "I love you too."

"But how come we're still trapped in this illusion?" She asked.

"I don't know. Maybe my healing isn't working as fast right now."

"Wait. Why would your body need healing?" Kara asked in a concerned tone.

"When I disappeared, the Speedforce summoned me to fight Thawne and....I-I can't remember what happened after the fight." He said in a slightly confused tone, "What about you?"

"I managed to fend off the aliens but....the people, the people I was supposed to protect died saving me." She said tearily, "I should have been stronger....they they might be still ali-"

"Kara, beating yourself up won't make you feel better. They risked their lives because they believe in you. You can't let their sacrifice be for nothing." Barry said softly.

"You're right." Kara said as she wiped her eyes, "Being a hero is so much harder then I thought." She chuckled.

"I know..." He said as he wrapped his arms around her again. She let out a shakey breath but she could feel all her troubles slowly disappearing now that she had Barry back in her life.

***

Caitlin walked into the medbey and saw Ellie asleep by Kara's side yet again with her hand in her sister's. She sighed gentlely and crouched down in front of her and slowly shook her awake.

She stirred a bit before opening her eyes, "You've got school remember?" Caitlin whispered.

"I don't wanna go today." Ellie mumbled as she slowly rubbed her eyes open.

"Ellie, I know you're worried about your sister. I'm worried about her as well but you have to take care of yourself more."

"I thought we were invincible...." She started as she held Kara's hand, "I thought nothing could hurt us but she nearly died out there Caitlin....if she had died, I-I....."

"Stop thinking like that." Caitlin said, "I've been where you've been dozens of times. Sitting in that very chair and wondering if Barry would wake up and having to constantly see him get hurt and nearly die, it's terrifying."

"Does it ever get easier?" Ellie asked quietly.

"No....no it doesn't." Caitlin whispered gentley as she sat across from her, "I'm sorry."

"It's thanks to you that they're still alive. As long as you're here, I don't have to be as worried." Ellie chuckled.

Caitlin didn't realise how much she affected other people around her. She only saw herself as the team's doctor and medical expert and nothing else but knowing that she brought peace of mind to Ellie, even if it was just her, made her feel better about herself and her place on the team.

"So are you going to school?" Caitlin asked as Ellie sighed and pouted sligthly.

"Fine...." She groaned as she slowly levitated off the chair and hovered across STAR Labs to get ready for school.

Ever since their fight, Caitlin's been mointering their vitals and their physical conditions and everything seems to be going back to normal, she only hoped that they had made up in the illusion that the Music Meister had put them in.

***

Ellie stood at her locker packing her books and stuff away when she felt someone standing behind her. Out of instinct her eyes flared up with her heat vision but she quickly shut her eyes to stop herself from melting a hole in whoever was behind her.