Broken Friendship

He didn't know what to do. How as he supposed to forgive his best friend since he clearly hadn't learnt his lesson but this time Barry couldn't see himself forgiving him. This is a weapon that has killed dozens of Speedsters in the future and now it's possessed by the person who hates him the most.

Barry looked at the horizon from a rooftop and felt a small breeze behind him, "Are you okay?"

"I don't know Kara. My best friend, for two years has been building a weapon capable of killing me and other Speedsters, now Thawne has it." He sighed as Kara hugged him.

"You have a big heart Barry and you and Cisco have had each others back for a long time. Now that you know it exists you can prevent the future."

"That doesn't change the fact that he kept it a secret and it got stolen....again. If he had trusted me then maybe, just maybe I could have stopped Thawne." Barry said.

"But without you or Cisco, Team Flash isn't Team Flash." Kara said, "In order for us to function you two need to be on the same page."

"I don't know if I can ever trust him again Kara!" Barry snapped, "This isn't the first time this has happened. Snart used the Cold Gun and killed and innocent person and yet Cisco still decides to make the weapon. He's clearly never going to learn his lesson."

"Healing takes time Kara. Maybe eventually I'll forgive him or maybe I won't, but for right now. I do not trust him." He said making his point clear as Kara nodded.

This was his reaction, the pain in his eyes and the strain on his voice. She couldn't imagine if this was directed at her.

She felt her phone vibrate and saw it was a message from Caitlin, "It's Caitlin, he's awake." She sid but Barry stayed silent, "Are you gonna go?"

"Yeah....I-I want to find out why he hid this from me...from everyone." He said as he turned to face her before disappearing in a flash of lightning.

***

The Cortex had fallen into a deep silence. Jesse out of everyone knew the hurt that Barry was feeling, someone you trusted with your life being the one to endanger it. She had no words to say to him, she didn't care for his reasoning behind why he hid it, she just wants to save her dad and destroy Project Icarus before anyone dies.

Not even Caitlin was speaking, she was organising her desk and periodcally checking Cisco's health, other then that there was no interactions between the three of them.

They all felt a gust of wind and heard footsteps. Barry walked into the medbey and it felt as if the room was covered in a thick layer of tension, "I'll give you guys the room." Caitlin said as she left, closing the door behind her leaving just Barry and Cisco together.

"Why?" Was all that Barry asked.

"I'm assuming you know?"

"About Project Icarus? About a weapon that can kill me and Jesse and any other Speedster? Yes I know about it."

"I didn't tell you about it because I knew this is exactly how you would react." Cisco answered.

"I don't care about the weapon! I care about the fact that you lied to me for years and now that weapon has fallen into Thawne's hands!! Have you not learnt your lesson from the last time this happened?"

"I didn't think it would happen again!"

"Oh because you're the great Cisco Ramon? Giddeon, in the future.....how many Speedsters die because of Project Icarus."

"Fifteen."

"What are their names?"

"Alright enough!" Cisco exclaimed, "I get that I betrayed your trust but after finding out Savitar was you. I couldn't take that risk."

"Stop making excuses Cisco. You may be regarded as one of the smartest people on Earth, but if you can't accept your mistakes and learn from them....then all of that would be for nothing." Barry said before he left the medbey.

Jesse, Kara and Caitlin were all waiting and Kara had honed her super hearing onto something else as to give them their privacy.

"Are you okay Barr?" Kara asked

"I will be." He said, "C'mon, let's go home." She smiled softly at him as the two of them left STAR Labs

Caitlin looked into the medbey and saw that Cisco had a broken look in his eyes. He knew the moment Barry found out about Project Icarus, their friendship would be strained but he didn't know it would be broken.

"H-Hey Caitlin?" Jesse asked as she turned to face the Speedster.

"Hmm?"

"Can I stay at your place....just until we find my dad."

"I'm actually staying with Barry and Kara for a time being. Now that Thawne is back, he's not letting me stay alone."

"Okie." Jesse said hopping to her feet.

Jesse grabbed Caitlin and sped off leaving Cisco alone with his thoughts and regrets.

***

Kara and Barry were sitting on the couch eating ice-cream and through their Soulmark she could feel the sadness in Barry's heart. She rested her head on his shoulder and felt him intertwine their hands together.

"After me and Jesse went to the Speedforce..." Barry started, "We ran into some troubles and were sent to another Earth." He continued, "On that Earth, we were married and we had a family." He smiled as Kara listened to him.

"But seeing those Barrys and their families....kinda scared me, which makes me think what if I'm not going to be a good dad like they are? What if I'm not ready to be a dad at all?"

"Hey, we promised to think about all those things at a later date but now that you bring it up...you'll be a great dad Barr, even if it's not with me."

"Don't say stuff like that." He said, "You're always going to be the person that I love, we even have the mark to prove it." He smiled kissing her temple.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Hey guys." Jesse said speeding into the loft with Caitlin.

"Where were you guys?" He asked

"Jesse said she needed to stop by and get somethings and decided to bring me along with her."

"Were we interupting something?" Jesse asked seeing how close Barry and Kara were.

"No." The two answered like embarrased teenagers as they slowly shuffled away from eachother.

"Is Ellie still at school?" Caitlin asked

"Mmhmm." Kara nodded.

The four of them were lazing around on the couch after a very eventful day. Jesse was still worried about her dad and was restless. Her thoughts were interupted when they heard a loud explosion erupt in the city.

"Kara suit up meet us there." Barry said as he and Jesse sped out of the building.

"Do you think it's another bounty hunter?" Caitlin asked

"Rao I hope not." Kara prayed as she sped into her suit and flew after the two Speedsters towards the source of the explosion.