Complete Eachother

A throbing and searing pain was ringing in his head as he pried his eyes open. He saw the familiar roof of STAR Labs and the beeping of the machine monitering his heartbeat. All the lights were out meaning he was alone in STAR Labs when it hit him that Thawne was still on the run.

A wave of panic rushed through his body as he sat up despite the pain in his body to look for someone, anyone. He pushed himself off the bed and onto his feet which felt like walking on glass but he pushed himself through the pain and through the glass door and saw Kara, Ellie and Caitlin all together in the Cortex.

"Barry?" Ellie asked confused, "Barry!" She smiled running over, glad that he's okay.

"Ahh, don't hug me please." Barry pleaded, "I'm still in a lot of pain."

 Ellie had a small pout on her face as she stopped running towards him, "I wasn't going to." She mumbled to herself.

"Barry, you shouldn't be standing, let alone walking." His sister scolded.

"I.....I thought Thawne got to you guys." Barry sighed.

"We're fine Barr, but you're not. Go back to bed and recover because you can't fight Thawne in this state." Kara said softly.

"If it's okay with my doctor i'd like to return home." Barry said as Caitlin sighed and rubbed the bridge of her nose.

"Fine, but no speeding."

"Okay, okay." Barry chuckled holding his hands up in defence.

"Caitlin's staying with us since Thawne is still on the loose." Ellie piped in.

"Good, i wouldn't want my grandma of a sister to get hurt." Barry smiled as Caitlin slapped his arm, hard.

"I'm older than you by one month....one month." She exasperated while holding up one finger, "I really hate you sometimes." She sighed 

"I love you too Caity." He laughed.

***

He unlocked the door to the loft and subconscieously he looked around for invaders or for anything askew. But his cautions were thrown out the window when he saw Ellie walk past him without a care in the world.

"Goooooooood night." She yawned before walking off to her room with her feet dragging behind her.

"I'll take the couch." Caitlin said, "And no arguing Barry."

"Fine, i'll get the sleeping bag then." He sighed.

"A-Actually Barr, since this is your home...um...y-you can sleep in your bed.....with me." Kara said nervously, "I-I mean you don't have to if you don't want, i would be completely fine with that..." She stuttered, quickly correcting herself with a blush across her cheeks.

The signs were as clear as day to Caitlin. Kara was hoping that they could take a step forward in their relationship but didn't know how to ask. All she hoped now was that Barry could also see the signs.

But when she looked at her brother he was practically blushing as hard as her. She smiled to herself and shook her head because they look like two teenagers in love.

"S-Sure." Barry said scratching his neck nervously as a smile appeared on Kara's face.

"Don't screw it up." Caitlin whispered in his ear as she pushed him towards Kara. Turns out she pushed him too hard and misjudged how far Kara was from them and they ended up colliding.

Barry turned around a glared at his sister who was biting down on her shirt to stop herself from laughing.

"Good night guys." Caitlin smiled before flopping onto the couch.

The walk to the bedroom was short but awkward because even though it was a small step in their relationship it felt like they were taking a giant leap.

"I'm sorry for being so awkward." Kara said biting her lip.

"It's okay." Barry chuckled. Thankfully Kara had relieved some of the tension in the air.

Kara sat on the edge of the bed as Barry sat down on the opposite side. From a different perspective it looked as if they were strangers and weren't deeply in love with eachother.

"To make it not awkward, how about we just don't face eachother." Barry suggested. Kara's face fell as she fiddling with her ring on her finger. She couldn't find the right time yet but she wanted to give Barry the ring that he left behind because seeing Barry wear the ring made her feel happy and closer to him.

"O-Okay." She said.

The couple were laying in bed facing away from eachother trying to avoid the awkward atmosphere but they couldn't. It felt like an eternity until Kara broke the tension again.

"Why didn't you tell me about the nightmares?" Kara asked.

"I didn't want you to worry about me." Barry answered.

"I'm always going to worry about you. Seeing you in the medbay, not knowing if you were going to wake up was terrifying. And finding put you had to go through these nightmares by yourself made it even worse." Kara said trying to hold her tears in.

"Ever since my mom died i've never opened up to anyone and just told them i was fine. I always kept it to myself because my sadness and lonliness was my problem and not anyone elses." Barry admitted, "I guess it's just wired into my brain now. I'm sorry."

"Don't apologise." Kara said, "Just promise to tell me next time because i feel like i'm letting you down."

Two people who think negatively about themselves but positively about eachother. A boy who forgot how to ask for help and a girl who is inexperienced with love.

Barry rolled onto his back and was staring at the celling when he felt someone weighing down on his shoulder. Kara's head had found itself on his shoulder and weirdly enough......it was more comfortable than his pillow.

His arm snaked around her waist as she rested her head in the crook of his neck.

"I love you Barry."

"I love you Kara."

The boy who forgot how to ask for help is with a girl who will help him even when he doesn't ask.

The girl who has never fallen in love before is getting to experience everything a couple does for the first time with the person who taught her what it means to be in love.

Two people who complete eachother and fit together like two pieces in a jigsaw puzzle.