The Truth

"I....I didn't do it on purpose." Avery answered quietly.

"How did it happen?" Aria asked, "You saw what it did to me. You ruined my life Avery!" She yelled in frustration, "Why did you do it....?" She asked trying to calm herself down.

"I only told one person." She responded, "I-I didn't know that it would spiral out of control."

"Do you even know what happened to me after the news came out that my brother was a serial killer. I was treated like a monster, someone who shared his blood is bound to be the same right?" Aria said with tears spilling from her eyes, "Everywhere I went people hated me, spited me. Do you have any idea how that feels?!" She asked with a broken voice finally letting her tears go, "I wasn't human to them...I was just Aria Zoloman, a monster."

Avery did the only thing she could think of in that situation and that was to hug her. Aria tried ti push her away, to reject her kindness but Avery kept her firm grip. She let go of Aria once and let her life spiral and ever since that day she's regretted it.

"If I let go then you'll never look at me again. I know that our friendship can never be like how it used to be but I want to try, I want to be your friend again." Avery said softly

All Aria did was cry as she looked back on everything that happened to her. All of that hatred and disgust that was directed at her stemmed from the girl in front but that was a lie she told herself.

She wanted to hate Avery but the real villian was her brother. The person she hasn't seen in four years. When she found out the truth about her brother she spited her own name, the blood that ran through her body made her hate herself. She hated her name and what it represented to other people.

Her foster name, Miller. It was her chance at a second chance and to leave her name where it belonged...in the past.

***

"Kara?" Ellie called out into the loft after throwing her backpack onto the couch, "You home?"

She pulled her glasses down to use her x-ray vision and scanned the loft and saw Kara stumbling around her and Barry's bedroom. Ellie hovered up onto the second floor and peeked her head into the room, "Are you okay?" She asked as Kara tured to face her.

"W-What? Yeah, I'm fine."

"What are you looking for?"

"Clothes that are clean. I'm meeting with Iris today and all my clothes are gone..."

"They're in the wash." Ellie said, "You're welcome by the way." She smiled

"Thank you Ellie." Kara said rushing out of the room.

"Are you going out now?" She asked as Kara nodded and grabbed her purse, "Kara!" She said as her sister turned around, "Um, you're still in your Supergirl costume."

Kara looked down and saw that her sister was right. She was still wearing her costume after stopping a few crimes, "Crap...."

"Kara, what's going on?" Ellie asked, "And don't lie to me."

"It's nothing Ell, do your homework and don't stay up late." She said quickly as Ellie followed.

"Something is wrong with you. Your head isn't on right." Ellie said grabbing Kara's arm. Kara tried to pull her arm out but Ellie had a firm grip. She was used to fightning humans and meta-humans that aren't as strong as her but Elliew as different.

"I won't let go until you tell me what's bothering you."

Kara let out a defeated sigh and dropped her head, "I...I think Barry was here, in the loft."