Awake and About

The twisting hall of STAR Labs had gotten familar now. She had been on Earth for a little over a month and she and her sister had adjusted well but they still missed their parents. While she had some free time Kara would gloss over Barry's notes about interstellar communication.

And since the bank incident the city is conflicted about the arrival about a new superhero. Some say one is enough, some say Supergirl is going to be able to do more then The Flash and some say that neither of them are needed.

As she arrived in the COrtex her eyes landed on the medbey however the medbey bed was empty. She ran over to the door and saw the blanket had been turned over and the spot where Barry was laying down was empty.

Her mind entered panic mode because she was the only one at STAR Labs and she had no clue where he would be. The thought of Thawne kidnapping him had crossed her mind and she started to panic even more. She ran over to the computers and realised she didn't know how to use the moniters.

"Ummm crap I need help." Kara muttered.

"How may I be of assisstance." A mysterious voice said that sounded like a woman's voice.

Kara stayed silenctt trying to figure out if she was going crazy or not, "Hello?"

"Hello Kara Zor-El." The voice said.

"Who are you?" She asked

"I am Giddeon, a virtual AI deisgned by you and Barry Allen in the future." It answered.

"Okay Giddeon can you help me find Barry?" Kara asked

"Would you like me to do a full analysis of Central City?" Giddeon asked

"Yes please." Kara said still trying to grasp the sudden appearance of this AI.

"As you wish....." Giddeon said, "Speedfoce signature detected at Jitters Cafe."

"Thank you very much Giddeon." Kara smiled before flying out of STAR Labs.

She was flying through the skies of Central City and used her x-ray vision and scanned the building and there he was. Barry Allen sitting at a table by himself with a cup of coffee resting in front of him.

She landed in a close alley and ran to Jitters and pushed the door open with the jiggle of the bell. It looked like Barry was reading the newspaper and didn't see her come in. She walked over to him and hugged him from behind.

"Hey Kara...."

"Why didn't you tell me you woke up.....I-I was so scared." She whispered.

He span around in her arms and planted a kiss on her forehead, "I'm sorry but when I saw the date and that I had been asleep for three days I just kinda left and needed some fresh air."

"I'm glad you're awake." Kara smiled happily.

"So am I." He said cupping her cheek and giving her a warm kiss that she melted into. She missed his touch, his soft hugs and kisses and his gentle smile that never failed to give her butterflies.

"We shouldn't be doing this in public." Barry chuckled.

"I don't care." Kara replied wrapped her arms around his neck and kissing him again. He smiled and gave into the kiss for a few seconds until he pulled away.

Kara pouted softly as he patted ths spot next to him, inviting her to sit down. She could feel the judgemental stares of everyone in the cafe but she really couldn't care less. As she sat down she saw what Barry had been reading.

'The appearnce of a new hero?'

"Oh, I-I can explain Barry." Kara quickly said.

"I'm not mad."

"You're not?"

"Why would I be?" He asked

"Well....I kinda thought you say 'Kara it's not safe and I don't want you to get hurt'" Kara said trying to do her best impersonation of her boyfriend who gave her a weird look.

"I've been a hero for so long. I've seen the worse in people and this life as a hero had brought me so much pain." He said as Kara placed her hand on his, "But without it I never would of met you. Kara being a hero is hard and there are times whens you want to give up and times where you question whether some people can be saved or not but I know you. You have a big heart and no matter what you never give up......that's why I fell in love with you so promise me if you ever need help, ask me." He said softly.

"Of course." She said, "So we're good?"

"Yeah......we're good."

"I love you." She said holding his hand.

"I love you too Supergirl."

She let out a groan and rested her head on his chest as he laughed at her, "I love the name by the way."

Teasing his girlfriend is one of Barry's favourite pass times, right behind giving her compliments and seeing her blush which wasn't hard. Just seeing her smile made his day and hearing her voice made him smile.

It was as if the whole world around them went silent and it was just the two of them alone in the cafe in that moment. Time had slowed to a stop for her as she breathed in the scent of the person she loved and was resting in his arms.

"Hey Kara?"

"Hmm?"

"Let's go on a date." Barry suggested.

"No." Kara said. She quickly realised what she said and looked up at Barry and saw he had a small frown on his face, "T-That's not what I meant."

"What I meant was I don't want to go anywhere for our date. I jut want to stay home with you and I don't know.....eat pizza and ice-cream and watch movies." She said putting her hands on his face, "I don't need fancy dinners.......I just need you."

"You're such a dork." He laughed.

"What?" She said, "That's your response to what I said? Calling me a dork?" She said with an overdramatic tone

"Movies, pizza and ice-cream it is then." He said as her heart melted at the sight of his smile.

Love Across The Stars - Superflash Auजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें