Three Steps Behind

Thawne was dead. He was sure of because he was wiped from existance for good now he's sitting in a pipeline cell wearing the face of Harrison Wells. No matter how hard he tries he can't get justice for his mother, he can't lock Thawne up because he'll escape, he can't kill Thawne and he can't wipe him from existance because he'll come back from that as well.

Thawne is always three steps ahead and knows exactly how Barry thinks. But right now he needed answers. He opened the Pipeline door and saw Thawne leaning against the glass with a smirk on his face.

"You're wondering how i'm alive aren't you?" Thawne asked, "You see Barry, time travel is very confusing and i always seem to be telling you that, don't I?" He taunted.

"What do you want Thawne?" Barry asked cutting straight to the point.

"What i wanted was to return to my time......but when i arrived everything was different....and it's your fault!!" He yelled slamming his hand against the glass.

"You were supposed to marry Iris....You wiped my future from existance!!!" He yelled, seathing with anger.

"You stole my future when you killed my mother. This is what you deserve." Barry said turning away and closing the door.

"When i escape Barry and trust me i will escape. I'm going to kill everyone you love....escpecially Kara Zor-El." Thawne chuckled darkly as the blast doors shut.

He walked to the longue and sat on the couch and ran his hand down his face before letting out a deep sigh. He rested his head in his hands and closed his eyes before feeling someone tap his shoulder.

"Can i sit?" Kara asked pointing next to him. He smiled gentley as she sat next to him and rested her head on his chest.

"Y'know you can turn the audio off on the cameras but i still have superhearing." Kara chuckled. But she received no answer from him, not even a slight chuckle, "I-I'm sorry. I know seeing the man that killed your mother is hard, so if you need space i'll give you space, if you need me i'll be there, if you want a break from us then i'll move awa-"

Barry interupted her rambling with a passionate kiss that caught her by supirse but she soon reciprocated. The two were sharing a kiss until she broke away for a breath of air.

"I don't need any of that Kara. I just want to spend some time with you." He smiled as Kara put her hands on his cheeks.

"Good because i was lying when i said i would move away."

"I know."

The couple shared a moment that didn't need any words or actions. In that moment they were the only two people in the world.

"I love yo-"

The sound of the meta alarm started to blare through STAR Labs and by the flashing red lights, it was an emergency. He grabbed Kara and sped them both to the Cortex where they saw Cisco, Ellie, Caitlin, Iris and Cecile.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"Another Thawne appeared." Cisco said.

"It's a time remnant.....double lock Thawne's cell." Barry said. As he was walking away he felt Kara tug on his arm.

"Don't go. It's too dangerous." Kara said worriedly.

"I need to stop him before he kills someone or frees the real Thawne." Barry said but before Kara could protest he vanished in a trail of lightning and gust of wind.

The satellites showed that Barry was closing in on the time remnant as Kara bit her lip nervously as she monited Barry's vitals.

He saw the time remnant standing over an innocent citizen about to crush their heart until Barry threw a lightning bolt at him. Thawne's remnant saw it coming and dodged it before it could hit him.