A Bright Morning

The sunlight was creeping through the blinds of the room as Barry slowly opened his eyes. This time he wasn't in a nightmare. He wasn't seeing his loved ones being killed in front of his eyes. Instead he found Kara still peacefully asleep, with her head resting on his chest.

It felt like a dream, because it was too good to be real. The threat of Thawne still loomed in his mind but how could he focus on that while his girlfriend snored on his chest like there was nothing in the world to worry about.

He knows the danger he would be in if he woke Kara up so he vibrated himself to phase through her and before he could slip through the bed he quickly sped off it. Now Kara was snoring on the pillow, leaving an empty space next to her.

"Sorry Kara." He whispered before leaving the room. Upon walking down the stairs he saw Caitlin in the kitchen standing at the stove while Ellie sat on the bar stool while they talked and shared stories.

"Morning." Caitlin smiled.

"You know that you didn't have to make breakfast." Barry said.

"I was hungry and Ellie was too, so I might as well." Caitlin said shrugging her shoulders.

Ellie looked down at his hands and noticed that he wasn't wearing the ring that Kara was supposed to give him. She let out a sigh and jumped off the chair before scurring up the stairs and into their room.

She snuck in and found the rings on the bedside table next to where Kara kept her glasses. She picked one of them up before quickly leaving the room as to not disturb her sister. She shuffled down the stairs and jogged over to where Barry was standing.

"Here." She said plopping it in his hands.

It instantly registered in his mind what he was holding. The promise ring he had left behind when he left Krypton, "Kara was supposed to give it to you. I guess my sister is still a baby at heart."

"Well so is he." Caitlin said.

"Hey....." He whined

"Don't act like I'm wrong. When you were in love with Iris you never showed and you were always scared to open yourself up to anyone."

"Wait, wait, wait.....you were in love with Iris?" Ellie asked raising an eye brow

"Ummm.......yes." Barry answered.

"You're weird." Ellie said crossing her arms.

Barry let out a sigh and ruffled her hair, "I know."

"Don't worry Ellie. Barry loves your sister more than anyone else." Caitlin chimed in.

"That was made abundantly clear by the stupid smile on his face." Ellie said.

"Stupid?"

"Yeah, stupid." Ellie said sticking her tongue out before running away.

Caitlin had been by his side for years and she's never seen him this happy. His time on Krypton brought a new light into his life, "Why are you guys up so early?" Kara asked walking into the room.

"Because..." Ellie smiled flying behind her, "It's fun on this planet." She said as Barry sped in front of her.

"What did I say about using your powers?"

"Only use them in training or emergencies..." Ellie mumbled in defeat as she slowly floated back down to the floor.

Since the discovery of their powers Cisco has been helping Kara and Ellie train so they can control them. It's been a slow process but they're slowly getting the hang of it.