"so when everyone came in, y'all got papers to write down baby names...so we gonna let the parents read a few then we'll get to opening presents." choppa said handing ma'kiri a box that had all kinda paper in it.

"okay we got... noah....rowan..waylan...mateo and- where jai ass at i know you ain't put your own name in this." she said looking around making everyone laugh.

i took the box and started reading some of the names out loud,"zion...atlas...zee?? wow zee you not slick what so ever..." i said laughing.

we both took turns reading more and more names but still hadn't came terms with the one we wanted.

then we started up opening presents,"imma tell y'all now...cause i know how ma'kiri is she ain't finna open up all these damn presents so some of y'all shit ain't gonna be seen until she get home." zee said and ma'kiri hit her in the side.

"stop cussing so much." she said and zee smacked her lips.

"about to be a mama and don't know how to act." zee mumbled as she started handing presents to her.

you know the regular, many many onesies and socks.

many boxes of diapers, bottles, bibs, and pacifiers that'll probably last a life time.

"uh-oh not the gucci carrier." ma'kiri said and held it up to me.

it was a baby carrier by gucci,"now whoever got this y'all got money money." i said holding it up.

ma'kiri grabbed the tag attached to it,"lucky ain't no way you got this."

lucky nodded her head while smiling,"had to go all out for tt baby you know thattt."

we stopped opening presents and was at the point where everyone could just do whatever.

eat, talk, dance, whatever.

"demon...i wanna go home.." i heard ma'kiri say as she grabbed my arm.

"okay baby...we can go.." i said pulling her into a hug.

she hugged me back and all of a sudden i felt her body become limp against me.

"mama...." i mumbled shaking her she didn't move.

that's when i started panicking,"fuck! lucky call 911!" i yelled then slowly laid her on the ground on her side.

ꕥꕥꕥ

"alright....have you been doing any extra work lately???" the doctor asked ma'kiri who shook her head no.

"stressing???" ma'kiri stayed quiet.

"mmm...that can be very common during pregnancy, also make sure your getting alot of rest and fluids. plus the baby he's very healthy everything is fine but make sure you also take great care of you okay?? but we're just gonna keep you overnight to make sure." she said and ma'kiri nodded.

she gave us both a smile then left out the room,"you've been stressing?" i asked.

"demon...please not right now.." she mumbled then turned on her side, her back facing me.

i sighed and ran my hand down my face as i started up at the ceiling.

"so you wasn't gonna tell me? we didn't have to do the baby shower today baby..." i said then i heard a few sniffles from her making me get up.

i walked over to the bed and rubbed her back,"what's this really about???"

"i'm just scared demon...what if i'm not a good mother..me and my mom never really had a bond, hell we barely even talked unless it was about my grades in school or what i wanted to eat, i could never talk to her about anything and i don't even know where my dad is..." she said.

"just because your parents weren't the best doesn't mean your not gonna be the best mama, if anything that's gonna make you want to be there for our son and take care of him." i said then kissed the side of her face.

"plus imma be there with you every step of the way, i won't let you go through any of this shit on yo own." i said and she rolled over to her other side and looked up at me.

i took the cover and wiped her face before kissing her forehead,"you swear??"

"i swear.." i said looking into her eyes.

"you want me to get you some food from the cafeteria??" i asked and she shook her head no.

"what you want then???"

"some ice..." she said and i shook my head.

"okay baby i'll be back." i said then walked out the room.