28

demon 🤎

demon 🤎

i sat on the edge of the bed and watched as ma'kiri rubbed cocoa butter on her stomach.

today was the baby shower and ma'kiri was close to the end of her second trimester.

time was really flying, a little too fast i know i said i was ready for him to be here but now i'm really nervous.

i know a lot of shit gonna change once he actually born.

i kept my eyes on ma'kiri while she took her hair out her bonnet and let the bundles flow down her bare back.

"can you get my dress out the closet??" she asked weakly.

"baby we can do the baby shower another day, i know you don't feel so well." i said getting up.

"i'm fine...once we get there i'll probably have more energy." she said.

i felt bad cause the pregnancy was also talking a toll on her body,"you sure mama??" i asked rubbing her back and she nodded her head.

i walked to the closet and pulled out the blue dress she bought not to long ago and waited for her to stand up.

"imma help you put it on ight?" she stood up in front of me and i slid the dress over her head and under her arms.

it was strapless, it hugged her chest and baby bump but the rest of the dress was flowy like.

she sat down and i kneeled down then slipped her shoes onto her feet.

when i looked back up at her she had tears in her eyes.

"mama don't cry baby..." i said standing up and pulled her into my arms.

"it's just...i can't do anything anymore this shit is tiring demon." she said as she cried into my hoodie.

i sighed and kissed the top of her head,"it's okay baby, we gonna be good." i said as i rubbed her back.

she didn't say anything else she only held onto me as i kissed her forehead.

ꕥꕥꕥ