1.intro

(this is after the movie but Dolores doesn't go out with Mariano)

You make your way following the river while holding on to your horse. You been on the run for 4 days already. soon you come to the Encanto.

"finally somewhere to rest." you say and pat your horse.

You walk in town and people are staring. it doesn't help you still have your royal attire on. your crown is tucked in your bag. A girl who can make flowers approach you

"hi I'm Isabela, are you lost or.." she ask

"oh greetings. I'm Prince (y/n) the second. yes and no to being lost. My apologies it's hard to explain. " you introduce yourself

Isabela nods and takes you to the madrigal house to help the best she can. she helps you lock your horse in the stable and then you both go inside.

"wait here for a second your highness." she says and hurries off.

You look at the photos on the wall.

"of course Isabela finds a prince!" you hear some girl shout

then there is a bunch of shushing. you look at a photo and an older women comes. she must be the matriarch of this home judging from the photos. She sees your outfit.

"You're a prince. " she say

"si. Hello im Prince (Y/n) the second. " you say.

She nods and looks at the photo you are looking at. she explains her family have gifts and explains each person by pointing on the photo.

"so what brought you here?" Alma ask curious.

"Well I was told to do something I felt wasn't right and I ,as a prince, have no say in what I want. I must do as I'm told and this was the last straw. I ran off with some of my belongings and have been basically on the run. " you admit not going into specific details.

"well.. we have an extra room. You can stay while you figure out what to do. " Alma offers.

"why thank you so much for your kindness. I shall help in any way you see fit. " you tell her.

She shows you the room. You thank her and change into something less prince like.

You walk out and Isabela walks over

"there you are. I was looking for you. are you hungry? my mama cooked." Isabela ask

"Yes I am." you tell her.

She grabs your hand and leads you to the kitchen.

"oh and you may want to just introduce yourself as (y/n) when you talk to people. "

"to fit in correct?" you ask

she nods. You go to the table and Dolores and Mirabel. 

"hello. " you say

they say hi and you sit down and Julieta gives you a plate

"I hope you enjoy. " she tells you

"Thank you. I am very grateful for your help. this looks way better than what i eat at home. " you smile at her

You eat and it's literally the best thing you ever had.

"oh my this is the best thing I've ever tasted. are you a professional chef?" you ask

Julieta laughs a bit

"wow that's the best compliment I ever got. no not a professional but you can say i'm the towns cook. " she explains.

You look at Mirabel and Dolores.

"I would like to be helpful around here. is there anything I can help with?" you ask

" well i have a lot of chores.." mirabel starts

"Mirabel.."Julieta says in that motherly tone

"never mind. "

"i have nothing to do."Dolores says low

"oh well maybe you can show me around?" you say to the girl you thought was beautiful the moment you laid eyes on her.

she blushes and nods not expecting you to really pay mind to her. You give her a smile that makes all the girls fall. after you finish you wash your dish and follow Dolores.

she shows you around and you notice right away how loud noises affect her.

"hey how about you show me some nice quiet places. The town seems loud. " you tell her

"are you sure?" she ask not wanting to ruin your time

"of course. I'm not a fan of noise. back home I would be found hiding in our library. I'm actually a fan of poetry and love novels. " you admit.

she smiles and takes you to her favorite spot, a hidden waterfall. You look at it in awe.

"wow this is beautiful. " you say looking around.

"it's my favorite spot. it's quiet and I love the sound of water. " Dolores tells you

"i wish I had a book. " you say

Dolores pulls a book out her bag.

"would you like to read together?" she ask

You nod and you both sit at a near by tree. She starts to read and you feel mesmerized by her. the sunshine hits her face so perfectly and her voice is so calming even while reading " strangers on a train".

"God can you even imagine switching murders with someone?" she ask

"Well it makes the most sense... not having any connection to the person. though i'm not the murdering type. "

"i would hope not" she chuckles.

You smile because that has to be one of the cutest things you heard. you two chat about the book before having to head back.

"thank you. this has to be the most 'normal' i have ever felt. I enjoyed my time with you. " you tell her.

"i'm glad. " she says.

You two go inside and Isabela grabs Dolores hand as you walk to your room. you hear the girls whisper but can't make out what is being said. you just go to lay down for a bit.