Chapter Thirty-Seven

*Flashback*

"Are you ready to go Edgeshot?" Hanae smiled, flashing a thumbs up behind her as she finished zipping up her hero suit.

"Almost" Edgeshot replied, adjusting the mask over his nose and mouth.

"Come on, hurry up! You're always so slow" Hanae teased.

"Easy for you to say!" Edgeshot teased back while modeling his costume, "Your hero suit is really just a body suit, a mask and some boots. Mine has intricate details to achieve the ninja look I want"

Hanae rolled her eyes and laughed at her boyfriend.

"You know..." Hanae whispered flirtatiously, "I seem to recall you being a big fan of my hero look"

Edgeshot swallowed nervously as he nodded in defeat.

"Poor Shinya" Hanae kissed the top of his face mask, "I shouldn't tease you like that"

"It's okay" Edgeshot blushed, "I deserved it"

Hanae smirked as she walked out of the agency and into an awaiting vehicle. Edgeshot entered the car after her.

"Are you ready for your first ever Billboard Hero Chart as a pro hero?" Edgeshot whispered.

"Yeah" Hanae stuttered, "I'm so nervous. There's no way I break even the top 100"

"Don't doubt yourself, you've really excelled since graduation and helped save countless lives" Edgeshot replied, reassuringly.

"Did you see this?" Hanae leaned over and showed Edgeshot her phone. It was a picture of Hitoshi and her parents gathered in front of their television with a makeshift "Influencer" sign.

"See, you already have fans" Edgeshot nudged her shoulder.

Hanae smiled and turned to look out the window. She remained silent for the rest of the car ride. Her nerves were running rampant.

'What number will I debut at? What about Kamui? Where's Edgeshot going to stand on this list?' Hane thought to herself, imagining different outcomes.

"Hanae, we're here" Edgeshot said, interrupting her train of thought.

Hanae looked anxiously towards her boyfriend and then the large venue behind them.

"It's okay Influencer" Edgeshot said reassuringly, reaching out his hand, "You're going to be fine"

Hanae took a deep breath and reached out for his hand.

*Three hours later*

Hanae and Edgeshot walk outside of the venue. It got dark while they were inside watching the hero chart announcements.

"I can't believe I broke the top twenty" Edgeshot said out loud, smiling to himself.

"I'm really proud of you" Hanae responded, trying not to let her disappointment show.

Edgeshot had rose up significantly to number seventeen, Kamui debuted at number seventy-seven, and Hanae debuted at one hundred and thirty-three.

"Hey, what's the matter?" Edgeshot asked, noticing Hanae's tone of voice.

"I know earlier I said I wouldn't break the top one hundred, but now I know that it's actually true" Hanae admitted.

"Hey" Edgeshot whispered, pulling Hanae close to his chest, "This was your first year, and it wasn't actually a full year. You've been a pro-hero for what? Five months now?"

Hanae sniffled and nodded.

"Exactly, you haven't been a hero as long as half of these other guys and you debuted pretty high" Edgeshot said reassuringly.