chapter 20: explanations (part 2)

(Gary POV, Location: cafeteria)

In the cafeteria, everyone was relaxing after the recent "events" that happened on the arc's light. Ruby was eating a big plate of cookies, ozpin and Weiss were drinking coffee, jaune was talking to his girlfriends, his old team mates, professor port & oobleck, coco, fox, & yatsuhashi were talking to Derrick, the Arc sisters were talking to the crew members while comforting them, and lastly; Gary, quinn, avocato & kvn were sitting in a booth talking about who fixed hue.

Gary: who reverse hacked HUE and the SAMES again?

Kvn: I did.

He said proudly

Gary: right, you keep saying that, except that there's no way that's possible.

Avocato: oh yeah. He's truthing it.

Gary: so what can you tell me about this gravitational disturbance?

Quinn: why do you want to know?

Gary: I think my dad has something to do with it.

Quinn: is his name John goodspeed?

After she said his name, everyone, including jaune and the remnant natives, were surprised and shocked of Quinn saying that name

Gary: what?

Quinn: you're name is Gary goodspeed, one of the top ranking cadets of the infinity guard training academy, been there for 15 years, and after graduating, you were assigned to be a member of jaune arc's fleet, the legendary "arc's light".

Remnant natives: LEGENDARY!!!!!?????

Gary: (gasp) yes, YES!!! YESS!!! THAT'S ME, YOU DO REMEMBER ME!!!!

Quinn: I do, and I'm sorry for not recognizing you sooner Gary.

Gary: hey its OK, Quinn. Not recognizing someone happens all the time, well sometimes, but not all the time.

Quinn then smiled at Gary, then turned her head facing jaune

Quinn: jaune, I think it's time to tell everyone how long you've actually been away from home.

Charlotte arc: jaune, what is she talking about?

Jaune's family and friends started to glare at jaune, demanding answers

Jaune: (sigh) fine. Guys, you said I was missing for over a month, right?

They nodded "yes"

Jaune: the truth is.... I've been gone for 20 years.

Their faces changed from demanding, to confused.

Saphron: huh.

Jaune: (sigh) HUE, pull up a facial comparison of me.

HUE: on it.

As he did that, everyone was shocked of the comparison that on one pic, jaune was 17 but on the other, he looked like he was around his 30s.

Yang: HOW ARE WE NOT SURE THIS ISN'T ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR LIES!!!!

Ruby: YANG!!!! Hear the AI out.

After Ruby said that this shocked Weiss of what she said

Weiss: AI? WHAT AI?

HUE: she's talking about me, Weiss "schnee".

After HUE said that, the crew members, SAMES, and Derrick, we're surprised and angry that they're in the presence of a SCHNEE and started to glare at her with hate and disgust