Yule Ball

Male reader
Pov starts at 4th year
Hufflepuff

Y/N Pov:

Me and Hermione were somewhat defined as couple but we're not.

We're just very......affectionate I guess.

We cuddle, we kiss each other's cheeks or forehead or something they would think a couple would do but we're just very affectionate that's all.

But I only realize that I have feelings for her.

Those things we do I get shy and shy that sometimes I can't even cuddle her anymore that my mind brainstorm if she's uncomfortable or something that would make our friendship tear apart.

But I push those thoughts away and just ignore my feelings, all I didn't know was that I was bottling it up just like everyone else.

"So Y/N, do you have any date at the yule ball?" Harry asked.

"No, I have no one actually"

Hermione Pov:

"No I have no one actually" Y/N said as I tangle my fingers to his hair making his eyes flutter close.

I smiled at the thought that this small action could melt him in just seconds as my heart flutter of how his face softens at my touch.

"How?! You're Y/N Diggory hello?! You're Cedric's brother that's why you're popular. And is it true that Fleur Delacour asked you to the ball?" Ron exclaimed.

"Yeah, I mean she's pretty but I got my eye on a certain girl in our year" he said still closing his eyes as his head lay down on my lap softly and my stomach erupted with butterflies.

"Are you a couple?" Harry asked out of nowhere and I felt my cheeks go red yet Y/N answered calmly but I could see his cheeks tint with pink.

"Nope" he said as he faced Harry.

"Plus you're Harry Potter! Who wouldn't want a date like you who defeated a dragon"

"Could say the same about you Y/N, c'mon just tell us who's the lucky girl you've been thinking about!" Harry pleaded but he just scoffed and turned towards the ceiling and close his eyes again as I play with his hair and hum softly.

"Do you know the song she's humming Harry?" Ron asked

"No mate, how about you Y/N?" Harry asked Y/N who nodded and began to sing softly as I felt my heart flutter of how his smooth and gentle voice could make me melt in seconds.

"Baby I'm dancing in the dark,
With you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, while listening to our favorite song
When you said you look a mess, I whispered underneath my breath but you heard it
Darling you look perfect tonight" he sang softly, eyes still closed.

"Well, I guess you know" Ron shrugged.

"Just tell us when you're gonna be a couple, everyone's been waiting on it" Harry said as he and Ron snickered as they walked away to their dorms as we blushed madly.

"Mione" Y/N said softly and opened his eyes.

"Yes?"

"I have to tell you something"

"And so do I"

"You go first" he insisted but I declined. "You know what let's just do it together" he chuckled.

"Okay"

Y/N Pov:

"1.....2......3"

"Will you be my date to the y—"

"My date is Viktor Krum" she said while closing her eyes and I stopped my sentence immediately.

"Oh, congrats" I said as I try my best to show her a smile as I stand up but she held my hand.

"Y/N what's wrong?" She asked as tears began to cover her brown eyes.

"N-nothing, I just need to d-do something th-that I forgot" I said as I remove her hand slowly yet she stood up and held my wrist.

"We could cuddle here while I help you" she insisted yet I declined.

"I-its alright Hermione, I-i can do it by myself" with that I left thinking.

This yule ball wasn't suppose to be filled with love, it's supposed to be depressing as it already sounds.

Words count 673
Part 2?
Please read the remake of my new book thank you!