𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. WHAT HAPPENS IN STARLING

Start from the beginning

⠀⠀Lizzie looked at him in contemplation for a moment, then sighed. She grabbed her phone and unlocked it.

⠀⠀"Hey, what happened to your screen?" Noah asked, looking at the broken screen Lizzie hadn't bothered getting fixed.

⠀⠀"Uh, I sort of dropped it when I ran into you on Christmas," Lizzie said, "But it's alright, I'll get it fixed later," She added before the brown-haired boy could apologize.

⠀⠀"Cisco could fix it for you," He said, "It wouldn't even take a day for him."

⠀⠀"Really?" Lizzie looked surprised, she knew he was an engineer but she didn't think he would be able to fix a phone screen of all things, "I'll ask him I guess."

⠀⠀She didn't know if she and Cisco Ramon were on good enough for her to ask him for favors, but it couldn't hurt to ask, right? Lizzie unblocked the unknown number and clicked on it.

⠀⠀She took a deep breath as the line rang, Noah gripped her hand assuringly. He really was a gift, wasn't he? She kept the phone close to her ear, listening to the ringing sound, waiting for someone to pick it up.

⠀⠀"Hello?" It wasn't Serenity. It was a gruff male voice, sounding rather tired. Lizzie was rather disappointed. She let go of Noah's hand in surprise.

⠀⠀"Hello?" She said, "I'm Lizzie Allen, um, you called me today—"

⠀⠀"Detective Allen's sister?" The man asked.

⠀⠀"Yes," She blurted out, "Detective Serenity Allen, yeah, she's my older sister."

⠀⠀The man sighed, "I'm Officer Quentin Lance from the Starling City Police Department. Miss Allen, your sister was involved in a shootout last night—"

⠀⠀Her heart stopped.

⠀⠀"—She's critically injured," Officer Lance finished, "She's at Starling General Hospital if you would like to visit."

⠀⠀"Is—Is she going to be okay?" Lizzie's voice quivered, she looked back at Barry stuck to the machines keeping him alive and kept seeing another sibling in the same position.

⠀⠀Lance sighed, "I don't know, kid, but your sister's a strong woman. She's too damn stubborn to go out like this knowing her."

⠀⠀The version of Serenity Lizzie remembered was strong, stronger than anyone she knew.

⠀⠀But she didn't know this version of Serenity. And she didn't know if she would be okay either. 

⠀⠀"Kid?" Lance said when she said nothing, "Will you come see her?"

⠀⠀Lizzie hated Serenity. She left her and Barry alone right when they needed her the most, she never answered their calls, she never came back. Lizzie hated her sister more than anything. But . . . this was the same sister who she'd looked up to for years as a child, who had always held her after nightmares and sang with her along with the car radio. Barry was gone, for now, or forever, but he was gone. Serenity was the only family Lizzie had right now. 

⠀⠀"Yes."

. ᵒ . ࿐ ࿔*

⠀⠀"𝐈 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐉𝐎𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐌𝐄," Eddie said as he stopped the car in front of Starling General. Lizzie had called Rome, who had called Eddie, who had agreed because Rome had blackmailed him and Lizzie had thrown puppy eyes at him to drive them both (because Rome wasn't leaving her alone right now fuck you Eddie it's a weekend) to Starling City. Rome had, meanwhile, texted Iris that she was taking Lizzie out for a suprise Birthday Sleepover and wouldn't let her come back until Sunday. And Iris was more than happy to give her blessings.