Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

                                   "Good Morning, Louis." A beautiful girl walked in, wearing a pair of light-pink scrub pants with a white shirt. "Welcome to Medical Meadow Institute." She said, her voice being a bit obnoxious.

                                      I sent her a glance, sighing. I already knew where I was. I had spent the entire past hour looking around the room and reading all the little flyers and brochures and posters that decorated the room. I took in the room around me one more time.

                                    The walls were a light yellow, not the cheery kind but it was still bright enough to make the room not too bad. The floor was a really soft carpet, that felt good on my socked feet. There were two beds, mine and then the sleeping kid next to me. His side of the room had a small chest of drawers beside the bed and had pictures of what I assumed was his home town on the wall. He had a green blanket and he had been sleeping pretty well all night.

                                  My side of the room was the opposite. I had a hanging closet with a shelf instead of drawers. The wall was blank, but there was tape for me to hang up pictures if I chose to. My blanket was white, but I knew that it was only temporary. I had heard of this place before. I had spent some time looking up my illness, trying to see if there were other people who heard voices like me. I hoped I would meet some, but I never had. Maybe I would while I was here.

                                  "I'm Eleanor, I'm the nurse for this floor. Sorry, but you have some medicine you have to take." She handed my a small plastic container that had one pill inside. I watched as she carefully walked over to the sleeping boy, him groggily sitting up.

                                    'Morning beautiful" he said, yawning and blinking a few times. It looked as if he were a morning person. "Well, hello to you too." I joked, knowing he meant it to Eleanor. "Oh! New Roommate! You're my new bestfriend! I'm Niall!" He said, and I gave a small smile. I wondered if he had ADHD, and that was why he was here.

                                    "That's Louis. Be nice to him." Niall looked over, and I could see the sympathy in his eyes once his gaze drifted across the bandage around my wrist.

                                    "Don't worry." I said, and that perked him up instantly.

                                     'Alright. I won't. If you say you're fine. I believe you. But the doctors here don't think the same way I do." He chuckled, and I was curious why he was being so nice. He didn't know me. most people judged me by my clothes....Oh. I realized I was wearing a white hospital gown.

                                    "Here." He said, standing up once Eleanor watched us swallow our pills. I noticed Niall had a lot more pills than I, but I shrugged it off.

                                     Niall tossed me a white shirt and some cargo pants. "They might be a bit big.." He mumbled, messing with his fingers for a bit before shrugging and smiling.

                                   "They'll be fine, thanks. " I looked around, sighing when I realized we shared a bathroom. I heard some mental institutes had one communal bathroom, so I was relieved.

                                    "I'm going to go change." Niall said, quickly rushing to the bathroom to change. He must be shy or something.