𝑖𝑥, aka fred encourages ash and percy to sleep together

Start from the beginning

"Okay Fred," she laughed. He nodded approvingly.

"Zeus insists on certain rules. Hands off human quests. But nobody messes with my baby sister. Nobody."

"Can you help us then?" Percy asked.

"Shhh. I already have. Haven't you been looking outside? By sunset you'll have cleared a good chunk of the US."

"Do you know where Artemis is? Or the monster?" he asked.

Apollo's face darkened. "I know a lot, and I see a lot. But this is clouded from me. I don't like it."

"What about Annabeth?" Ash asked.

"That girl you lost? Hmm...... No."

Ash instinctively put a hand on Percy's chest just as he heaved an angry breath, trying to control his temper.

"However," the god lifted a finger. "There is one who might. If you haven't yet found the trail by the time you reach San Francisco, seek out Nereus, the Old Man of the Sea. He has the gift of knowledge sometimes kept obscure from my Oracle. The meaning will only be clear through the search, I like to say." He finished cryptically.

"In other words, you don't know, so ask someone else." Ash deadpanned.

Apollo checked his watch. "Ah, look at the time! Gotta run. I doubt I can risk helping you twice, but remember what I said! Get some sleep!"

He snapped his fingers, and the next thing either of them knew their eyes were closed.

₪₪₪

Ash had a tight grip on someone's hand, pulling them through a hilly garden. They ran through tall grass, the scent of a thousand different flowers intoxicating the air. It was beautiful but oddly familiar to her, and they had something much more pressing to do than stop and smell the roses.

"There is no need to run," a deep voice told her. "I have bested a thousand monsters with my bare hands."

"Not this one," Ash said, although she wasn't really saying the words, it was like they were being pulled of her. "Ladon is too strong. You must go around, up the mountain to my father. It is the only way." The hurt and worry in her voice was familiar to her, it was one she used often with her friends. Especially Percy.

"I don't trust your father," the man said.

"You should not," she agreed. "Trick him and take the prize indirectly, or you will die."

A low, attractive chuckle. "Then why don't you help me, pretty one?"

"I... I am afraid. Ladon will stop me. My sisters would disown me," she admitted.

"Then there's nothing for it." His warm hand pulled out of hers as he stopped and clapped them together decisively.

"Wait!" Ash agonized over her decision, but as soon as she looked into his beautiful blue eyes, it was made. "If you must fight, take this." She plucked a long white brooch from her hair. "My mother, Pleione, gave it to me. The ocean's power is within it. My immortal power."

She breathed onto the pin, feeling part of her soul, her life force traveling into it. It glowed in the starlight like polished abalone.

"Take it," she told him. "And make of it a weapon. This is all I can offer, if you insist on being stubborn."

The male took it, and as he did, it grew longer and heavier, until it had finally become a familiar bronze sword.

"Anaklusmos," she said sadly. "The current that takes one by surprise. And before you know it, you have been swept out to sea."