30

jungkook thought he was doing good. he really thought if he acts strong and pretends he's not affected he would do better. he didn't want to add fuel to the fire by showing his pain to taehyung or anyone.

but lately his actions were hurting him. taehyung was hurting him and he didn't know how to deal with it.

the brunet had just done something that broke his heart. and here he was sitting in his study with his head buried in his hands, jaw clenched and eyes damp.

it all happened when...

"why are you carrying him?" the brunet asked him with irritation, stepping out of the bathroom freshly showered. jungkook takes a deep breath trying to calm himself.

"because he's a baby taehyung and he was crying nonstop." he hissed bouncing the newborn. taehyung just padded closer and tried to rip him away from jungkook's hold.

the ravenette was shocked.

"what the fuck are you doing tae!" and taehyung froze. his lips wobbling and hands shaking as he stared at the other. jungkook don't talk to him like that, he never curses like that. he bit his lips but jungkook was angry- really angry.

"you just let an innocent helpless baby cry for so long and ignored his weepings and now this is how you're handling him?!" the ravenette spat with fury.

taehyung frowned, tears already streaming down his face, "he's not innocent! he's a bastard jungkook just like that man" his chest heaved up and down as he yelled.

jungkook's eyes widened as he placed the baby on the bed, placing a pillow on the edge and walked towards him, cupping his cheek.

"tae... baby, we can't hurt an infant. no matter what -"

"oh i get it you have a hero complex don't you? otherwise why would you be loving a product of -" the brunet yelled, yanking his hands away.

"taehyung shut up." jungkook's dark eyes pierced into his soul but taehyung didn't care. he hated it, hated how jungkook was acting, hated how he held no grudges towards that baby when even.... he did.

"bet you don't even love me anymore or maybe you never did. that's why you married me, a broken, used person. that's why--- you never came that night!! i bet you love seeing me this pathetic! like some psychopath, like a fucking loser."

"i should have killed him. i made a mistake, letting him live. i thought i could pretend that i don't care but i can't!"

taehyung was crying loudly by now, his hands gripping jungkook's shirt closer who was frozen, a shocked expression on his face and lips slightly parted as if no words were coming out of them.

"yeah now you won't speak? because i'm not worth it? tell me jungkook, you don't give a fuck if i just sleep with anyone? if i just carry filth in my stomach? tell me! you're going to then shove me into my face that you're such a saint and you would love that baby too?! tell me i'm like dirt under your shoes, a freaking slut-"

a loud slap echoed in the room. taehyung froze, his cheek burning where the man hit him. his head turned to a side as silent tears streamed down his face. jungkook harshly turned around his face by holding his chin. the man was crying, his eyes red.

"one more word and i swear you won't see my face ever again," panic filled taehyung's eyes, the initial shock of jungkook's slap long forgotten as he shakes his head violently but didn't dare to utter a word.

"i... only did that, because i loved you. loved you enough to ignore my own suffering, my self respect, my ego and myself." jungkook's voice was low yet held authority.