21

he couldn't sleep a wink as he kept replaying his lover's words in his head. the brunet telling him that he can't marry him was hurtful but- acceptable, maybe he was overwhelmed by the sudden wedding and he find it rushed but saying that they are not suitable for eachother or just ending everything him with him out of the blue wasn't digestible at all, at least for him.

and even though jungkook was a man who can take a rejection and respect someone's decision but this didn't sit right with him at all. taehyung wasn't just someone he was the love of his life and leaving him meant tearing his world apart.

he would have accepted whatever happened if he didn't sound that heartbroken and choked up. so he made up his mind to take the matter in his own hands.

he checked his wrist watch noting the time as he exited the building. his driver got up, hurrying to open the door for him as he sat down at the back seat.

"seoul national hospital." he briefly instructed before diverting his attention back to his phone, reading the document files sent to him.

going out of the country seemed impossible for him. no matter what he can't leave, it would only ruin things even more. so he just decided to trust the team he made. surely they were competent but the absence of their head during the finalising of deals didn't give the best impression. but jungkook decided not to fret about it.

"sir we are here." the driver announced politely, stopping his train of thoughts. the businessman glanced at the tall building, before nodding his head and getting out of the car.

"did you buy the flowers and the gift?" he questioned walking ahead of the driver.

"yes sir, should i bring them?"

"hm."

he replied still walking as he entered the hospital building. and strode towards the information desk.

"kim kiduk." he answered when the receptionist asked for the patient's name. the woman stood up recognizing the man now.

"sir it's room number 203."

before he could walk away she spoke again, "should i ask a worker to accompany you?"

"no need." he shook his head before padding away.

jungkook took a deep breath, ignoring the negative thoughts popping out in his mind. taehyung's stabbing words still hadn't left his mind or heart.

but he decided to think about it later, he was here to see mr kim. no matter what the man was still like a father to him. even if taehyung and his relationship wasn't exactly the same anymore, that still didn't change anything for jungkook when it came to the senior businessman.

his feet suddenly froze when he looked ahead.

taehyung stilled too. his eyes widened as he stared at the man in front of him.

his heart pounded against his chest as he gawked at the businessman. slowly he raised his eyes to look at the man in eyes.

his eyes got teary seeing no emotions in the coal tar eyes of his lover. jungkook stood straight, head high and posture confident.

taehyung wanted to run to the other and hide in his embrace but he couldn't.

the ravenette was the first one to break eye contact as he finally noticed the blond standing beside his- taehyung.

"oh jungkook." jimin moved to the front as he smiled at the man. the said man just nodded his head not really in the mood to act cheery. but the blond didn't mind at all as he tried his best to keep the atmosphere friendly.