19

taehyung thought he would forget about everything, he wouldn't remember anything and he won't even try to remember but he was proven wrong – when two weeks after his happy stay at jungkook's, he was back at his home, in his room and sleeping alone.

he didn't know what time it was exactly but it was past midnight and he was asleep. he had turned on the bathroom light before going to bed to keep his room faintly lit, not allowing the charcoal darkness to engulf it. after making sure the windows were locked along with his room's door, he tried to slip into unconsciousness.

but then clicking of door woke him up, he sat up straight, eyes fixated on the wooden door. someone was trying to open it. whoever was on the other side was calling his name, threatening him to open it.

taehyung breathed heavily, his whole body shaking violently. his hands shuffled through the sheets trying to find his phone but he couldn't. tears streamed down his face as he heard the man's voice, "you thought that's the end taehyungie? i won't hurt you anymore? oh no, but i'm afraid i'm going to. open up c'mon."

"no no." he whispered shaking his head, throwing the duvet over his head, trying to hide. but the noises weren't stopping as the person kept banging the door loudly.

"go away!!" the brunet yelled, chest tightening as he cried more. "please, please go away." he sobbed but then the door opened.

and the sheets were pulled away from his trembling body, a hand reaching out to grab his trembling ones. "taehyung, my baby w-what– what's wrong?"

it wasn't that man's voice, it... was his mother. taehyung stopped protesting as he opened his eyes to look at his mother's face, she was in her night gown, face still showing signs of sleep as if she just woke up.

he immediately hid himself in her arms. she seemed worried sick, her own eyes shining with tears. patting his back softly she tried to calm him down.

"m-mom, are you s-sure our house is s-safe?" he chocked out softly, pulling away to look at her face. the woman stayed quiet for a moment before nodding. taehyung didn't seem like he was in his senses. she decides to just calm him down.

"yes baby, of course it is. i'll ask your dad to hire more security if you want." she promised, trying her best to just reassure him. taehyung nodded.

"you got scared?" she questioned in a soft voice, wiping his tears. he nodded again.

"it's okay. that was just a bad dream. you're safe– your mom and your dad is here with you, we won't let anyone hurt you."

taehyung didn't reply. he just abruptly got up. she looked up at him, confused.

"i need to take a bath."

"taehyung, honey it's three in the morning. c'mon go to sleep now, you can shower in the morning." the woman tried persuading him, but he just shook his head.

"no mom, i need to wash up. i am dirty." she frowned, "no baby, you're not–" her words died down on her tongue when the brunet just stormed away.

she stood there, stupefied. this wasn't how her son normally acted. she knew something was wrong but what? she had no idea.

jungkook sat in his office all alone, it was lunch time. he didn't feel like eating. all the work load has been taking a toll on him. three weeks had passed since taehyung left.

he had been working non stop since then. the company needed more time due to the launch of another product, their manufacturing department had produced recently. so he spent most of his time working.

and in his free time pondering different things which had been budging him for quite some time now. he didn't really mind being the first one to call taehyung but lately he had been feeling a little bit down since the other hadn't really contacted him even once, all these days.