𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲

5 weeks since the confession

jeno stared at the glass door that separated him from the inside of the shop. his entire body was shaking with anxiousness, hands clammy, and heart racing in anticipation. it was his first time coming here, only hearing stories from classmates, sometimes hearing the name being mentioned by the owner.

Na trinkets

the sign above said with a picture of a young jaemin  doing a thumbs up. the old signage in the gps app that he used mistaken.

jeno found himself smiling as well. jaemin was probably around five when that photo was taken. then again, who knows. he looked back at the glass door.

open: 8:30-5:30

was illuminated in neon lights on a board.

it was currently 8 in the morning. that meant he had to wait a few more minutes to enter. but would he wait? nope. the sign was already flipped. open it said. so without any hesitance (although his body was shaking with anxiousness) jeno pushed the door handle, a small bell sound ringing through the quiet shop.

he cautiosly peeked inside. he expected rows and rows of antique decorations, not rows of organized pens, papers, stationery materials, boxes, flowers, Keychains, even license plates with people's names. he spotted his by the way.

he went in  further, the ringing stopping as he closed the door. the alarm only rang when the door was left open. imagine how annoying it would be if a customer left it open.

he decided to look around, slipping from one aisle to another. the place looked small in the outside, probably 24x24 square feet but the inside felt huge. there were many things around that jeno was debating with himself if he should pick one.

but he came for one thing. jeno stopped looking around, slapping himself for getting side tracked. but looking around did help him. he realized that he couldn't find the greeting cards. and that the only person who knew when those were was by counter.

he went forth to the counter, Patting his pocket and feeling his wallet. money is no big deal.

no one was present, jeno now acknowledged that. then why was the signed flipped open? he was about to call for someone when he spotted the small bell on the counter. Maybe that's how you call for them. I mean, watching over a store can get boring especially this early.

he rang it once, the sound loud enough to be heard outside. he unfortunately got no response which made him frown. terrible customer service. he rang twice, thrice until it felt like a game on whoever can ring the bell the most.

“aish! the fuck you want!? this shop ain't open! ”

an annoyed voice that jeno knew very well exclaimed, coming out from the backdoor. the person was clearly pissed and newly out of bed or laying down. they scratched their head then their hip, then stomach, smacking their lips together as well.

a smile bloomed into jeno's face. like a child receiving a gift as he took in the person's state. hell, he didn't care if that person rolled in the mud. he looked handsome. ❝hi jaemin ❞