𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

sungchan would never think that the day would come jeno alone to enter his parents' home.

jeno, for a clear explanation on how he was related to sungchan, was his step-cousin. jeno, in a sense, is his uncle's illegitimate son after he married jeno's mum back when jeno was four.

Sungchan doesn't recall the details clearly but his family were never fond of jeno and his mother due to the fact that jeno has no blood of theirs running through his veins and his mother being a divorcee. although, many people wouldn't think of that due to his slight resemblance with jaehyun.

And since everyone in his family hated jeno, he was mostly excluded with family gatherings, parties hosted by family friends, and even mingling with the children of the elite society.

jeno didn't have the same grand upbringing as sungchan and rest of the Jung clan successors as he was mostly brought up away from their homes and their lavish lifestyles. the aformention only appearing during Christmas dinner, a very important family meeting and sometimes when they played with chenle.

chenle's family was the only family that treated jeno like he was a Jung. they didn't look down on him, even inviting him to there property to play with chenle. sungchan was there as the two (chenle and sungchan) were force to get along together. at that time, their family thought the two would make a good pair.

❝you look like shit❞ jeno mused, entering one of the living rooms the Palace had. he whistled, looking around the lavishly decored room. damn, he forgot how rich sungchan's family was. he plopped himself on one of the couches the room offered, turning his head to sungchan who stood facing the window. ❝I haven't—❞

❝jeno, how did you meet chenle again? ❞

a seven year old sungchan dispised the idea of his illegitimate cousin, jeno, joining the small game he and chenle were playing. he was always told by his parents that jeno was someone he should hate and that if he didn't have his guard up, jeno would steal everything he had and he didn't want that. he wanted the riches all to himself.

he crossed his arms over his chest, scooting away from Mrs. Zhong who was trying to convince him to get himself of the bench and join chenle and jeno who were playing with wooden swords (it wasn't an ideal game to play with two seven year Olds and an eight year old. not to mention that one seven year old despised the eight year old). he turned away from the woman, huffing.

❝come on sungchanie❞ Mrs Zhong pleaded, kneeling in front of him. it wasn't ideal, an elite woman kneeling, especially in front of a kid. she held sungchan's right shoulder. ❝I know your parents told you not to like jeno but look❞ she briefly glanced at her son and jeno who were now sparring badly. they were just letting their swords hit. ❝they're having fun and you would too if you joined❞

the seven year old sungchan was more stubborn that the present one. he shook his head no, a pout forming on his lips as he closed his eyes. ❝jeno is a meanie and sungchanie does not play with meanies❞

the woman held back her giggles. sungchan looked cute when he was being stubborn. eyes closed tightly, head turned to the side, cheeks puffed out with a pout on his lips, and his cute tendency to cross his arms to prove his point that he was stubborn. she let go of his shoulder, patting him in the head instead. ❝sungchanie, what did jeno do to you to tell me he's a meanie? ❞

sungchan opened his eyes, turning head to look straight at the woman. ❝well... ❞ he doesn't really know. actually, he doesn't even  know jeno. they're cousins and that's it.