"why can't you be happy for me?"

y/n's pov
i have just started being friends with vinnie, a guy from school. my best friend didn't like him, and i had been planning on telling her for the past week, but i had no clue how to tell her.

facetiming vinnie, i had an incoming call from my best friend.

"shit, vinnie, i gotta go." i said before i hung up to answer my best friend, tessa. she looked like she was in a bad mood, so i didn't want to ruin it.

"hey, tess. what's wrong?" i asked her. she looked like she's had a rough night.

"nothing, i'm good. just tired. can i come over, though?" she asked and i nodded. she said she'd be here in 10 minutes before she hung up.
___________________________________

______________________________________________________________________

mi amor<3
why'd u have to go? :(

y/n❤️‍🩹
sorry vinnie
y/n❤️‍🩹
tessa called me, i had
to answer. she's kinda upset
rn. i don't wanna ruin that

mi amor<3
oh, sorry. i'll let you be.
mi amor<3
i think u should tell her abt
us tonight, tho. she
deserves to know, she's one
of ur bsfs

y/n❤️‍🩹
i know, i will.
Read 9:48PM

___________________________________
i sighed as i heard the front door open. i got up from my bed and ran downstairs to see tessa in my doorway, she looked like she'd been suffering. i felt bad to tell her this tonight, but if i waited, i would never tell her.

"hey, tess. what's wrong?" i asked her.

"nothing, i'm good." she fake smiled. we had been best friends for years, she acts like i can't tell when she's upset.

"are you 100% sure, because i need to tell you something important, but i want to know if you're actually ok before i say it. i don't want to make this about me." i sighed.

"yes, i'm fine. you can tell me, y/n." she fake smiled again and i felt guilty to tell her this now, when i knew she was hurting.

"ok, um... so, i know you're gonna be really mad at me but i'm dating someone."

"really, who?" she smiled.

"god, you're gonna be really mad at me." i looked at the ceiling to hold back the tears in my eyes.

"it's vinnie, isn't it?" she asked. she looked really mad, i knew i shouldn't have brought it up.

"yeah..." i said hesitantly.

"fuck you." she said before grabbing her phone walking back out the door. i didn't try to stop her because i knew whatever i did, wasn't going to solve my case. i'm in the wrong, and i know i am.

"why can't you just be happy for me?!" i screamed and cried as she pulled out of my driveway very fast. i hated seeing her like this. i shouldn't have said anything. i should've kept it to myself.
___________________________________
i was bawling on the floor in the corner of my bedroom when i felt my phone start uncontrollably vibrating next to me. i pick it up to see vinnie facetiming me. i slightly smile and answer the phone, but don't show my face because i definitely don't look my best right now.

"hey, love. you alright?" he asked. how did he know i was upset right now? did tessa say something?

"hi, vinnie. how did you know something was wrong?" i asked, my voice shaking and it started to become hard to breathe.

"you always show your face. i'm coming over." he got up from his bed and grabbed his keys. i didn't want him to see me looking like this, but at the same time, i really needed someone right now.
___________________________________
once i heard a knock on my door, i heard footsteps walking inside and the door shut. then the footsteps were getting closer to my room, then i knew it was vinnie. he knocked on the door.

"come in." my voice was shaking and i couldn't stop crying. i had lost it. he opened the door and shut it behind him once he bent down on his knee in front of me. i had been sitting with my back facing the wall the entire time tessa had been gone.

"hey, what's wrong?" he asked.

"tessa's mad at me." i kept crying as vinnie lifted me up and carried my to my bed. he carefully laid me down and then laid down behind me, covering us both up.

"is it because of me? if so, i'm sorry."

"i have no idea who she was mad at. all she said is "fuck you" and then she left. but do not apologize. it's fine, you don't need to." i fake smiled.

"don't fake smile at me, y/n. you do not have to fake your emotions for me, i love you. you can trust me with anything, my love." he said before kissing my forehead lightly and brushing my hair behind my right ear.

vinnie started rubbing my back and i slowly started to fall asleep in his arms. my eyes slowly began to shut and i eventually dozed off into the best sleep i've probably ever had in my entire life.

"goodnight, my love. sleep well." he said after kissing my forehead once again and smiling as he shut his eyes behind me.
___________________________________
1/18/22
Word Count: 888
🤍