my best friend

y/n's pov
i woke up and felt like shit. me and my boyfriend, cameron, had been drifting. we were in a long distance relationship and it wasn't helping our relationship at all, in fact, it had been making it a lot worse. we've been dating for 6 months and i'm starting to get tired of his bullshit. he's cheated on me twice and i forgave him; i know i shouldn't have.

finally, i had got through the day and i could finally fall asleep. i laid down and shut my eyes and as soon as i was about to fall asleep, he called. i sighed and debated on answering. i answered.

"hi, baby. did i bother you?" he asked me. he seemed very happy. happier than he usually is. he is always hyper, but never like this. then he started laughing.

"no, you're good." i half smiled, but he couldn't see because the camera was aimed at the ceiling. i didn't want him to see how angry and upset that i was.

"you alright?" he asked me. he seemed way less upset when he asked that question. i was upset, and i definitely did not want to talk to him. i clenched my fists and answered.

"yes, i'm fine." i answered angrily as i picked at my nails and dug my nails into my skin to keep myself from screaming at him. then i heard a woman's voice. what the hell.

"what the fuck was that?" i said loudly, but not yelling but i was on the verge. he said absolutely nothing.

"cameron, who was that? answer me right now." i got louder. at this point, i was on the verge of taking a plane to his house just to punch him in the face.

"it's no one. it's just the tv, baby." he smiled at the screen as if he wasn't talking to the girl he cheated on me with twice. i rolled my eyes.

"do NOT call me that, cameron. we're done. stay with whoever that whore is for all i fucking care." i screamed loud. thank god i didn't live in my apartment complex anymore. i would've got kicked out of the place.

"no, babe, please-" he tried to speak before i ended the facetime call. i was so frustrated. i wasn't even mad. i'm used to the feeling of him cheating on me. i shouldn't have to be, but i am now. i sighed and decided to text my best friend, vinnie.

 i sighed and decided to text my best friend, vinnie

y/n💕
hi vinnie. can you
come over please?

vinegar😜😫😍🤫
yeah, of course. what's
wrong? you alr?

y/n💕
no im not

vinegar😜😫😍🤫
i'll be there in 5.
Read 2:49AM

___________________________________
i laid in my bed and stared at the ceiling and felt a tear fall from my eye. as soon as that tear fell, i started to break down. i started to realize how my life was slowly falling apart and how i only have vinnie. my parents hate me and so does my family. i have literally have no one by my side besides vinnie and who knows how long he's staying?

someone knocked at the door. i got out of my bed as i was still breaking down and walked downstairs. i opened the door and seen vinnie standing in the rain with mcdonald's in his hand. i smiled and hugged him as tight as i could.

"sorry, it took me a little longer. i got you food to cheer you up." he smiled and laughed. he walked inside, shut the door, took his shoes off, and placed the food on the island counter. he looked down at me and frowned.

"it's okay." i smiled lightly. i sniffed and started to break down again as soon as i almost stopped. vinnie took me in his arms and hugged me as he rubbed my back gently.

"what happened, y/n?" he asked and was very concerned. he always felt bad whenever i wasn't feeling my best mentally. but trust me, i hated it just as much as he did, probably more.

"cameron cheated on me again, so i left him and now i feel so lonely." i cried and screamed and felt worse than i ever have before. i've never been this heartbroken. he was my first love and probably my last. i can't believe he was my first boyfriend, and the first to cheat. what the fuck.

"no, i'm so sorry, y/n." i could hear the sympathy in his voice. i hated when people felt bad for me, but i've never mentioned it, so i don't start anything. i didn't think it was that big of a deal.

"it's ok. seriously, he cheated on me three times now. i'm used to it by now." i sighed as i finally started to calm down a little bit. i felt a little better knowing that vinnie was always by my side. he's been here since i was five and i know he would never hurt me.
___________________________________
vinnie's pov
___________________________________
i felt bad for y/n. she deserves so much better than what she gets. she's always let down by people and her standards are so low just so she can feel loved. i have had a crush on her since 5th grade and i know that i'll be the only guy to love her the way she should be loved.

"y/n, i actually need to talk to you about something." i sighed. she looked at me and furrowed her brows. she thought i meant something bad.

"it's nothing bad, i promise." at least i hope. i took a minute to decide how i wanted to put this. maybe i shouldn't have brought this up. god, i don't want to talk about it now.

"i like you. i've liked you since 5th grade and i can't hold it in anymore. now that you finally don't have a boyfriend, i feel like i can tell you. i'm sorry if this is too soon and i'm sorry if you feel pressured but-" i spoke but then i was cut off by her lips crashing against mine.

as soon as she pulled away, i smiled and blushed. i felt like i had finally found my true love, like i had found my soulmate. we both started laughing.

"so, is that a yes?" i laughed at her and she started laughing again before she nodded her head at a fast pace. she was also blushing and her smile was all the way up to her ears.

"of course, it's a yes." she laughs and i feel butterflies in my stomach. she's like a drug. i'm addicted. i can never get enough of her.
___________________________________
12/15/21
Word Count: 1123
🤍 (Not Re-Read)