running away

y/n's pov- friday 10:24PM
i sat on my bed and scrolled through my phone. i've been in a really bad mood lately ever since vinnie left seattle for a while. he would be back in a few hours but when he was gone, i was always upset. i then heard my bedroom door open and looked up to see my mom standing at my door.

i hated my family. they were extremely toxic and told me that vinnie wasn't good enough for me and i deserved someone who was smart and didn't have ink on their skin. they hated vinnie's style and his tattoos. they said that i could've done better.

"what, mom?" i sighed and put my phone down on my chest , still holding onto it tightly.

"when were you planning on telling me vinnie was coming over tomorrow?" she yelled, making me flinch. my parents were somewhat abusive, so people have noticed that i flinch a lot. the sad thing is no one's tried to help me. they just let it happen.

"wasn't planning on it actually." i smiled sarcastically and looked back at my phone. my mom ran at me and tried to snatch my phone out of my hands but i yanked back on it and gave her a death stare.

"y/n, i'm gonna get your father if you don't give me that phone now. he'll beat your ass." she screamed. at this point, i was holding back tears. i didn't let my phone go and she stomped out of my room, going to get my dad.

"this is my chance" i thought. i quickly jumped from my bed and grabbed my keys, a jacket, and my slides. i locked my bedroom door, giving me enough time to get out from my window. i quickly slid the window open and gently stepped out. i put my phone in my pocket and slowly walked to the ladder i put by my roof before i drove to to my best friends house in the morning. i heard the window open and my heart dropped.

"y/n, get back here right now!" i heard my father scream. i kept walking down the ladder and ran to my car. i put the keys in as quick as i can and drove off. i felt nothing but relief. the tears i was bottling up finally came out. i cried and screamed, letting out all the pain i've wanted to let out for years.
____________________________________
y/n's dad's pov
____________________________________
"that little bitch ran away to see her little boyfriend didn't she?" my wife yelled.

"of course." i rolled my eyes. i wasn't even upset that she left, just upset i didn't have anyone to clean this house.

"we were too hard on her, weren't we?" my wife looked down and started to cry.

"no, it's her fault. don't do this shit." i screamed at her. she kept crying. i smacked her and gave her a death stare as i walked to our bedroom.
____________________________________
y/n's pov
____________________________________
i drove to the airport vinnie's flight was bring dropped off at, which was an hour away from my house. the entire time i drove there, i listened to my playlist and screamed at the top of my lungs. i've never felt this free. ever.

i drove to starbucks to get an iced coffee. usually i just make my own iced coffee but starbucks was closest and i needed something to give me energy.

"hi, what can i get for you?" the very polite lady asked me.

"i'll just have an iced coffee and a chocolate croissant." i smiled.

"ok, pull up to the next window please!"

i drove to the next window and waited for the lady to give me my change. after she gave me my change, she told me to pull up the last window. when she gave me my order, i continued my drive to the airport, ignoring every call from my parents and family. i am 18 now and i don't need to live with them. i graduated in the summer and i am technically old enough to buy my own place.
____________________________________