"she's prettier"

you and vinnie are best friends and you get jealous over how pretty vinnie's girlfriend is. you love her, but you hate how insecure she makes you feel.

y/n's pov
i sat in my bed with black sweatpants and a gray t-shirt on with my hair in a low ponytail. i had nothing to do today, so i just kind of wanted to chill.

as i was scrolling through instagram, i came across vinnie's girlfriend's page. she was wearing a white swimsuit with one of vinnie's button ups over it. i shut my phone off and placed it on my bed faced down and got up.

looking at myself in the mirror, all i seen was a rectangle, door shaped, body. she had an hourglass figure, and that's all i ever wanted, but i couldn't have it. my hair wasn't blonde like hers, i wasn't short like she was, and i didn't have a flat stomach like she did. she made me feel so bad.

i sat down on the floor next to my mirror, my back facing the wall. i heard my phone vibrate like someone had been calling me, but i didn't get up to answer it. i started crying.
___________________________________
i had been crying for 15 minutes and i had been crying so hard that i didn't hear my front door open. i could barely make out what it was, but i heard something running towards my door. the door swung open and i seen vinnie standing there. quickly wiping my tears, i stood up.

"vinnie, what are you doing here?" i asked him. i was kind of mad that he just barged into my house like it was nothing, but i was more confused as to why he was here.

"i called you 30 times, y/n. god, i was so worried about you. don't ever do that again." vinnie pulled me into a tight hug, making me warm.

"wait, were you crying?" he asks as he pulls his head away from me. i just wanted to keep hugging him. i didn't want to answer his question.

"no reason. don't worry about me, i'm fine." i smiled. i was just happy that he was here. me and vinnie had been friends for years and all i wanted was for him to be here with me right now.

"no, tell me." he demanded. i started crying again and he pulled me in for a hug again.

"hey, it's ok. you're gonna be ok." he stroked my hair lightly and continued to hug me tightly.

"can you just please tell me why you're upset? i would like to know, so i can try to help." he smiled.

"she's prettier."

"what? who?"

"your girlfriend. she's so much prettier than me."

"y/n."

"i'm being serious."

"you guys are both gorgeous in your own ways, y/n. she is very pretty, but so are you." he pulled away from the hug. i sat back down where i was sitting and he kneeled down in front of me.

"but i can't compare to her. she has an hourglass figure, she's blonde, she has a jawline, she has a flat stomach. it's literally everything i've ever wanted." i sighed. vinnie hated when i felt insecure.

"yes, she is all of those things. but just because you might not have those features, doesn't mean you aren't beautiful. and you have better hugs, so there's something you're better than her at." he laughed.

"i guess." i sighed again. vinnie stood up and i stuck my hands out for him to pull me up, and he did so.

"also, i don't think mine and her relationship is working out anyways. we're kind of falling apart to be honest with you."

"oh, for real?"

"yeah, for real."

we both laughed and made joked until we fell asleep next to each other in my bed while watching netflix.
___________________________________
1/11/22- Request From: @-mommyy-
Word Count: 658
🤍