injury

y/n's pov- basketball game
i was on the bench waiting for the quarter to be over, so i could replace a girl on my team. i was drinking my gatorade and seen vinnie cheering in the stands as the quarter ended because he knew i was up. the girls came running over to the benches and sat beside me, i was in the middle, as our coach went over our plays.

me and the other girls that were playing got up and walked to the court, my ponytail slightly swinging as i walked. we were winning 40 to 21 and this was the last quarter, unless we had overtime.
________________________________
"i got 12!" a girl on the other team yelled, signaling they were guarding me. i got a little worried because the girl was slightly taller than me and i started to internally panic. "shit" i thought to myself.

i shoved the girl that was guarding me a little, but not to the point where i'd get a foul. i ran to the girl on my team that needed help and she passed the ball to me. i looked up quickly and seen there was 14 seconds on the clock. when i got to the hoop to shoot, there was 5. as soon as i jumped to shoot, i felt myself about to fall. i made the basket and heard the alarm. i fell to the ground and heard my ankle crack and bend backwards. everyone got off the court but vinnie ran to me because i couldn't walk.

"y/n!" he shouted as he ran towards me. he quickly lifted me up and brought me to the bench. i grabbed my phone and my bracelet because we weren't allowed to have anything on our wrists while we were playing.

"bye, coach." i sighed.

"bye, y/n. be safe." he waved back as vinnie walked us out the door to his rx7.
________________________________
"hey, you alright?" he placed his hand on my thigh as he pulled out of the parking lot.

"no, i think i sprained my ankle. i tripped on some girl's untied shoelaces." i yelled, but i wasn't mad at him, i was just mad that i might not be able to play for a month or two.

"at least you made the last shot, y/n. i'm so proud of you. you scored most of those points, love." he smiled and drove towards the hype house.
________________________________
vinnie pulled up to the hype house. he quickly got out of his side of the car and ran to my side to open the door. he lifted me up and he walked carefully inside, trying not to drop me. as he opened the door, i seen hera on the couch with jett.

"hey, y/n. what happened?" jett got up and walked towards us as vinnie shut the door behind us.

"well, we won but when i shot the last basket, i fell and i think i sprained my ankle." i squinted my eyes as the pain started to get worse.

"where is everyone?" vinnie asked.

"oh, they went somewhere. i don't know where they went but i'm just here with hera and all the other pets they have." jett shrugged. vinnie walked me up to his room and laid me down on our shared bed.

"i'm gonna get you some ice, okay?" he smiled. i smiled back and nodded.

shortly, vinnie came back with an icepack and all of my favorite snacks. jett walked in behind him. i always felt bad for jett when we would all hang out together, because i felt like he's always left out. i don't think vinnie realizes though.

"aww, thank you!" i smiled.

"no problem." vinnie smiled back and lifted my leg up to put a pillow under my foot. i squinted from the pain but when vinnie put my foot back down, it felt better. he wrapped my ankle in a wrap and put ice on my ankle with a towel over the ice pack, so it wasn't too cold. he laid down next to me gently and grabbed a piece of the edible cookie dough he bought me.

"i love you, vinnie."

"i love you more." he kissed me on my lips gently.

"i'm lonely." jett sighed.

(same, jett. same.)
________________________________
hi! this is based on when i sprained my wrist in basketball. this is a completely different story because i made no shots because when someone would pass the ball to me, they wouldn't tell me 😍‼️

(11/16/21)

word count: 761

<3