| Chapter 23: Stay |

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing?" He raised his brow, confused.

"Get in"

"I am not gonna—"

"I don't bite. Get in, I asked you to stay until I fall asleep. The least I can do is make you comfy plus no one will be back not for another 30 minutes" You said explaining yourself before he could snap a disgusting comment at you. He shut his mouth, lip going to thin line. He walked up to the other side of the bed, getting under the covers.

"Aren't you scared?" He asked you

"If its about the thing that—"

"No. Aren't you scared I would do something? I'm a boy, your a girl" He pointed out as you stopped thinking.

"We're kids. What should I be afraid of?" You asked him. Not getting what he was saying at all.

"Quite innocent, aren't you, Potter" He smirked making you roll your eyes finally getting what he meant. Your cheeks going red.

"Your blushing"

"Am not"

"You like me, don't you?" He smirked in a teasing matter.

"Why would I like you? Your a git" Rolling your eyes. Letting the lie slip out of your tongue. Malfoy let out a chuckle. The chuckle wasn't anything you heard. It was a genuine laugh. You smiled at this.

"I was just joking, Potter" He said as he laid down on his back facing the ceiling while you laid down on your side facing him, admiring his side view.

Silence engulfed the room. You took off the earpiece swiftly before placing it under your pillow.

"Do you know what the chamber of secrets is?" You asked him breaking the silence as you drew, shapes on small space of the bed. Malfoy glance at you before back up at the ceiling.

"My father told me stories of it. He said Salazar Slytherin created it in Hogwarts without the other founders of the houses knowing. Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, pure-bloods" Malfoy said clicking his tongue before laying down on his side to face you. Yours and Malfoys face were so close like how it was in the common room.

He continued "Only his heir would be able to open the Chamber, and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, get rid the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic"

"Muggle-born's" You whispered getting his point

"Exactly. I honestly think Salazar Slytherin is right. Muggle-born's" Malfoy said with disgust

"Watch your mouth. I have a friend who is a muggle-born. Don't push it, Malfoy" You glared at him.

"Oh, right. The filthy mudblood. Hope she gets what she deserves—" You punched his chest.

"Ow— Hey!" He said rubbing his chest while glaring at you while you rolled your eyes. Then it was silent again.

"What do you think is in the chamber?" You asked him.

"From what my Father told me, Its home to something that only the Heir of Slytherin can control. It is said to be the home of a monster" Malfoy said as you shivered at that.

"Hogwarts isn't safe...I never thought my school years would be like this" You said to yourself but Malfoy heard that making him frown. He looked at your hand that rested to your side. He grabbed it, holding it and intertwining his fingers with yours. A familiar gesture to the both of you.

"Like I said...I'll protect you. I wont let anything harm you" Malfoy said his thumb doing circles on the back of your hand. Staring deep into your eyes. Suddenly, you felt the urge to just fall asleep. You yawned.

Malfoy just watch you quietly as you looked at him sleepily.

"Stay..." You whispered

"Okay" He whispered back. You closed your eyes, resting them for a second. Letting yourself get used to the darkness before everything shuts down and you were entering your dreamland before you could completely fall asleep, you whispered—

"Don't leave me..."

"I wont..."

Malfoy whispered and those were the last thing you heard before completely going to your dreamland. Malfoy watched your sleeping figure. He waited for a few minutes, staying there. You scrunched your nose making him smile.

"Cute..." He muttered before slowly sitting up using his other hand to caress your cheek with his thumb but he paused.

He stood up then he fixed the covers to make sure you don't get cold.

"Night, Potter" He said before walking out of the dorm and to the boys dormitory before the other students could catch him leaving the girls dormitory.