Ultimatum

I felt Cliff loosen his hold just slightly as I quickly slid free from his grasp inching forward towards the werewolf who now stood precariously in front of my mates. If he thought, they were little pups he is highly mistaken, and they would not hesitate to shred him in an instant! If Johnathan or Brent didn't get him, I know Damien shall! Not that I need them to protect me mind you, but it makes them feel as though they are doing their duties to their mate.

My eyes locked with the werewolf who now seemed to be turning a touch blue due to Johnathan essentially strangling him.

"Baby, let him breathe please." I requested.

I looked deep into the eyes of this raggedy looking werewolf who seemed to be in the same shape as the other one we had captured. I felt my rage building within me knowing this Alpha was causing physical ailments to these poor werewolves. No werewolf deserves to be starved nor do they deserve their pups to be used as pawns.

If this Alpha wants to play chess so be it I thought to myself...I am quite good at it considering I played it with my father every evening at home. Let the games begin I thought to myself, but of course my mates are listening, I am sure. I noticed them all nod confirming my suspicions.

"I understand you want to protect your pups, what I want to know is how is it all the werewolves who come here seem to be starved and almost feral? How is this Alpha doing this to you all?" I questioned him.

"It doesn't matter, all that matters is that you come with me!" He growled out.

"That is not how this is going to work! I have a few questions for you, and you will be answering me, do you understand? First off what is your name?" I questioned.

"It doesn't matter what my name is! All that matters is that I take you to the Alpha and I retrieve my pups from that crazed werewolf!" He spat quickly and with conviction.

"I truly am sorry about your pups as you can see, I am carrying our pup and you think my mates would allow you to take me from them, to endanger our pup and their mate? Do you think I would allow you to endanger my pup? I truly hate to do this to you or put you in this position, but we have ones here in this pack we need to protect, and I insist you answer my questions!" I growled low.

The werewolf now had his feet on the floor so taking a deep breath I felt the rage build within me as Crystal came forward growling loudly. She did not make us shift but I knew she had full control now, she would make this slit of a wolf tell his darkest secrets if needed. She stepped forward as I linked my mates informing them Crystal was forefront at the moment trying to relieve some of their tension.

"What is your name wolf?" Crystal growled.

"No!" The wolf growled.

"You're not leaving me much of a choice outside of using force against you!" She growled.

The werewolf began laughing as he took me in looking me up and down evaluating me and what he thought my capability was. He shook his head in amusement as a malevolent growl ripped from my lips drawing his attention to my face as his eyes locked with mine.

"Do your worst she-wolf, regardless of if you are Lycan. I have not seen it and I think this Alpha named the wrong wolf to be honest. You look like a cute pup who wants to be a big dog!" He choked out along with his hysterics.

I sighed knowing he was one of many who underestimated me and my abilities and the pure viciousness of Crystal! As I felt my body heating up further Crystal tilted our head looking at him as a sadistic grin crossed our lips as a chuckle escaped its confines.

Not a moment later smoke began to billow from his legs as small flickers of flames began to trail up his legs, almost in a winding fashion as it singed every hair in its path along with scalding his skin. Screams from the werewolf filled the room as I could hear the torment and agony in his cries.

"Please...please. I will answer your questions!" He cried out as tears slipped from his eyes.

I ceased the flames from continuing as I extinguished them immediately.

"I did try to do this the nice way, but you denied. Now what is your name?" Crystal snarled.

"My name is Lexan; I am part of the Silent Moon pack which is a few hours from here." He sputtered out.

"Well Lexan, tell me about this Alpha and what occurred before you arrived here!" Crystal demanded.

"Look I don't know everything that happened between my Alpha and him...I did hear some things but not everything. I can tell you what I know though. From what I heard his name is Alpha Claxton and he is the Alpha of the old Dagger Moon pack. Trenton Claxton is the Alpha who took over the Dagger Moon pack when he killed Alpha Chambers. Since then, it seems he is targeting all of the packs. When he arrived at my pack my Alpha welcomed him in thinking he wanted to look at possibly working together in regard to some attacks that had occurred. Needless to say, that is not why he had come!" Lexan rambled out.

"So, this Trenton Claxton came into your pack. Do you know what he was requesting or demanding from your Alpha?" I asked with curiosity.

"I know I shouldn't have eavesdropped, but I couldn't help it because it seemed odd for this Alpha to show up out of nowhere...no appointment or request made to see our Alpha. I heard him mention the legend of the Alpha Lycan female but never in my wildest dreams did or do I believe any exist anymore. Perhaps long in the past but they have been gone for five hundred years at least." He mumbled.

I felt Crystal shifting on the spot letting this werewolf see our true form...well our Lycan form anyways. As we shifted the werewolf's eyes grew wide as panic filled his expressions as he began to flail around in Jonathan's grasp trying to free himself so he could run.

"None of that now!" Crystal boomed in an Alpha tone.

The man stilled within Jonathan's grasp as his eyes never left me.

"Finish what you heard from the discussions!" I growled.

"I heard him tell my Alpha that if he did not send us to retrieve the so called female Lycan he would make it so we all starved so we would eventually die! He stated we would watch our children suffer starvation along with our mates and she-wolves would be given to his warriors for their use. Of course, my Alpha thought he was full of shit, so he bellowed for him to get off of our lands.... then we had no choice!" He deadpanned.

"What do you mean you had no choice Lexan? How is that possible?" Crystal asked him.

Tears filled his deep brown eyes as they began streaming down his cheeks once more as his breath hitched and his heart slammed within his chest. I knew this must be bad if he is now starting to panic at the idea of telling me what occurred.

"Our pack never learned gardening and we only have a few true hunters; they were killed when they were patrolling the boarders. As they jogged their normal path along the edge of the boarder, they were attacked by over twenty werewolves, who slaughtered them only leaving piles of bones and shredded flesh and muscle. It even appeared something may have been eating them." He heaved at the mere thought as he mumbled it out.