IX. The Secret Savior

The Gryffindor-Slytherin quidditch tournament has begun, and the score is currently tied

The Gryffindor-Slytherin quidditch tournament has begun, and the score is currently tied. Harry and Draco were their house's seekers, and one of them had to catch the golden snitch to earn 150 points and win the game. Later in the game, Harry's broom begins moving uncontrollably. Hagrid comments that only dark magic could make a broomstick so hard to manage. Severus Snape, who is sitting next to me is muttering something as he watches Harry.

"Severus what are you doing?!" I asked.

"Don't distract me!" He said. I pointed my wand toward him. He paused, his gaze fixed on me. He is mad.

"I will cast my spell on you if you don't stop now! This is cheating, Severus." I said.

Nobody expected Harry to fall to the ground, so everyone was taken aback. Slytherin won the game because Draco managed to capture the Golden Snitch. Harry was taken to the hospital wings by Hagrid. I apparate back to Hogwarts. Snape follows me. He took my arm in his and dragged me into his office.

"Let me go!" I stated. He drew nearer to me. I take a step back until I am leaning against the wall. His face was terrifying.

"It was your fault" He said.

"You're trying to hurt him, aren't you?" I stated. The moment I was about to rush for the door, he cast a spell to cause me to trip and fall instead.

"It wasn't me!" He said.

SNAPE'S POV

It was clear that she had been hurt. I notice something when she puts her hands on her feet. A black butterfly tattoo caught my eye. I was surprised.

 I was surprised

--Flashback--

Hogwarts graduation was less than a month away. A piece of unexpected paper landed on my desk while I was taking my Charm final exam today. I read the letter that was in the paper when I opened it up. James Potter had sent it.

"Come to the dungeon by 8:00 PM or I'll tell Lily about your secret."
- Prongs

I arrived at the dungeon at precisely 8 PM. I found the marauders waiting for me.

"You're late Snivellus," James said.

"What's the point of having me here?" I asked. Remus and Peter held me.

"Help us pass the charm exam, you're done with it, right?"

"But that's cheating!"

"Stupefy!" He shouted and I fell.

--

The moment I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was I was inside the dungeon. I'm being locked up. I saw hundreds of spiders and insects. There was no light and the area was densely packed with dust. They tied me to the chair, but luckily, my wand was still in my pocket. Someone appeared unexpectedly. I saw a girl, but her face is covered. Although she was concealing her face, I noticed a butterfly tattoo on her ankle. She entered the dungeon after unlocking it. She casts a spell to untie me and then runs away. I had no idea who she was but I wanted to express my gratitude to her for saving me. However, this is not the first time I've been bullied by the Marauders. But whenever they do, someone always saves me. I attempted to find that girl but was unable to do so until I graduated from Hogwarts.

I wish I can meet her someday.

--Flashback ends--

"It was Quirrell. I was using a counter spell to stop the jinx." I confessed, and she was surprised. After that, I walked away. I had finally found the one I had been looking for. I've finally found her. But I think she forgot me.

It was her that saved me before

ADELIA'S POV

Severus walked away. Despite the pain in my feet, I made an effort to stand up. I made my way to the hospital's wings all by myself. My feet were being cared for by Madam Pomfrey when she showed up. Harry was still unconscious when I saw him.

"How was Harry?" I asked Madam Pomfrey.

"He is fine now." She answered.

"That's a relief"

She touches my tattoo and asked, "You still have this tattoo?" I nodded in response.

"It was made by my mother. She believes it was a good omen for me."

"With or without a tattoo, you are lucky Adelia." She stated, which makes me smile.

I thanked her after she treated me. I'm feeling better than I was a few hours ago. I made my way to Harry. He later awakens and sees me.

"This was made by Quirrell," I explained.

"But, why?" He asked.

"Perhaps he despises you?"

"I thought Snape was the only professor who didn't like me."

"He is not. He tried to protect you, but I distract him. I'm sorry"

"It's okay Professor. It's not your fault" He said and I smiled.

Following that, I return to my office. I sat down and wrote Snape a letter. I handed Aurora the letter, and she flew away. I expressed my regret for what I had done earlier. Aurora reappeared an hour later, bringing a letter from Snape with her. I immediately opened it.

"I hope that one day you'll learn from your mistake and most importantly, you'll trust me."

- Snape

And I've been trusting him since that day.