VII. Whomping Willow

HARRY'S POV

Everyone gathered to hear Mr. Dumbledore's announcement that Ms. Dolores Umbridge will serve as a temporary defense against the dark arts teacher for the time being. She is seated next to Snape and is dressed in pink.

She delivers a brief speech, but no one appears to be showing interest in her

--

Seamus creates a bird crane that is flying around our classroom. We're all having a good time not until the crane goes up in flames. Professor Umbridge appeared at the back of our room when we looked back. She walked in front of the class and wrote on the board.

'Ordinary Wizarding Level Examinations.'

"Good morning, children. Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations. O-W-Ls. More commonly known as OWLs. Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe." She said and then she used her wand to distribute the books to each of us. We took a look at the book, and there were a lot of questions in it.

"Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you'll be pleased to know, from now on you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic." She said and then Hermione raised her hand

"Yes?"

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?"

"Using spells? Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom." She stated that this is causing us to be frustrated.

She's completely insane.

Ron interrupted the conversation. "We're not gonna use magic?"

"You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way." She responded

"What use is that? If we're attacked, it won't be risk-free." I said

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class."

what's wrong with this woman?

"It is the view of the Ministry that theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations, which, after all, is what school is all about." She added.

"And how's theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?"

"There is nothing out there, dear. Who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourself?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe Lord Voldemort." I said that causes her to pause.

"Enough! See you later Mr. Potter for detention. You may now begin answering your examination" She said. We have no choice but to follow her no matter how much we dislike doing so.

I went to Ms. Dolores's office for detention this afternoon. She commands me to arrange the books in her office. She left for her next class. Our DADA class has been tedious for the entire month. Simply put, there are no defensive spells used, only the act of taking the examination is served. There have been a lot of changes in our class since she came to Hogwarts. Thanks to Merlin, today is her last day at Hogwarts, as Ms. Dumbledore will be returning this afternoon.

Suddenly, I realized that the quidditch match between Slytherin and Ravenclaw would be taking place later as well.

SNAPE'S POV

Mr. Dumbledore has invited me to watch the Quidditch Tournament between my house, Slytherin and Ravenclaw, which will take place later.

Today was Ms. Umbridge's last day and Adelia will be here in the afternoon. I saw Mr. Filch begin to pack Adelia's belongings into her room and remove Ms. Umbridge's belongings from her office. After lunch, she expressed her gratitude to everyone for the wonderful opportunity and experience that Hogwarts had given her.

As I'm making my way to Quidditch, I happen to notice Adelia on the whomping willow, where she's just standing there, waiting for someone to come along. She looks around and notices me.

She smiled at me, and time suddenly stopped at that moment

Her smile causes my heart to race, and there's something in my stomach that's bothering me

Her smile causes my heart to race, and there's something in my stomach that's bothering me. She began to draw closer to me, but I saw the branch of the tree was about to strike her. I run to push her. I hug her while holding her head and waist.

As I hug her, my heart continues to race and then I look at her, she appears to be shocked; our faces are very close to each other. I suddenly realize that my hands are still on her waist, I release my hold on them.

ADELIA'S POV

Every time he touched me, I always felt those butterflies fluttering around me, singing and dancing around me, wishing me happiness and filling my stomach with a warm feeling of adoration.

I suddenly remembered Quidditch.

SNAPE'S POV

She smiled and thanked me, but I couldn't take my gaze away from her.

"I've heard there's a Quidditch match today, do you want to come?" I nodded in agreement with what she said.

We took a walk on our way to the game. I'm still not sure what is going on with me, but it was comforting to know that she was back.

Her seat was right next to mine in the teacher's area. When the game began, she was cheering for our own house, Slytherin, of course. It took an hour for the game to finish, with Slytherin emerging victorious.

The Golden Trio greeted her when we returned to the castle and asked as to how her vacation had gone. The student and other professors were happy when she returned after a month's absence.

She returned the key and thanked me for allowing her to stay at my house. She also mentioned that she would like to return to read some of her favorite books that I have. I believe we are similar in that we both enjoy reading,

particularly poetry.