XXXV. Back at Hogwarts

FINAL CHAPTER

FIVE YEARS LATER

King Cross Station remains exactly as it was when I arrived for the first time as a first-year Hogwarts student. Alex was both excited and nervous. He was astounded by the way 9 3/4 worked. Severus arrived at Hogwarts earlier than usual, as he is the new headmaster. We purchased all of Alex's Hogwarts supplies yesterday in Diagon Alley, and he now has his white owl named Sinclair. His wand is 11 inches long and made of hazelwood and veela hair. We took our seats in the front compartment and the train departed promptly at 11 AM.

"Mom. What would happen if I didn't sort to Slytherin?" He asked. I smiled and put my hands on his face. I told him that I was the only Slytherin in a family of Gryffindor and he smiled.

"You must be a good boy because your father is the headmaster of the school who also teaches potions while I teach defense against the dark arts." He gave a nod to me.

The train finally arrived at Hogwarts after two hours. As soon as we stepped off the train, we found Hagrid. He greeted me and extended a greeting to Alex. I left Alexander with him because I needed to go inside at the moment. They are probably searching for me in the great hall.

I walked into the Great Hall and saw many students from the second year to the seventh year chatting and laughing. There was a slew of Hogwarts professors awaiting the first-year students' arrival. The sorting hat and wooden chair had already been placed in front of them. I sat down next to Severus and he noticed me.

"Where's Alex?" He asked then he kissed me.

"Outside." I replied.

Professor Flitwick approach me and said "Adelia! It was a pleasure to see you again."

"It was also a pleasure to see you again, Professor." I replied, smiling.

Minerva arrived in the hall, with the first-year students lining up behind her. Hogwarts was breathtaking to Alex, who couldn't believe his eyes when he saw it for the first time. It was time to sort the students into their respective houses.

"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted." Ms. Minerva said.

"Alexander Colonel Snape." Minerva called, and Alex sat down. The sorting hat was placed on his head by Minerva.

"Difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind either. There's talent and a nice thirst to prove yourself, now that's interesting. So where shall I put you?" The sorting hat said. "Slytherin!"

The entire Slytherin house erupted in joy. I noticed Severus smiling as he clapped his hands. Minerva stands up for the announcement as the sorting ceremony concludes.

"Hogwarts has a new headmaster and we are pleased to share this news with you. Let's all welcome, Severus Snape!" everyone claps as Severus rises to his feet.

"Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I'd like to introduce our new professors. Let us extend a warm welcome to Mr. Neville Longbottom who has agreed to fill the Herbology position left vacant by Ms. Sprout's retirement."