XVII. Infinity Pendant

December 24

I saw Neville in the hallway and noticed that he was holding a present. He handed me the gift with a smile on his face and said "Happy Birthday Professor!"

"Thank you, Neville." I replied and the boy walked away, waving to me as he went.

I opened the gift and there was a cauldron chocolate cake, which was my favorite. I take a bite, and the flavor immediately brings me back to my childhood. I had completely forgotten that I was already late, so as soon as I finished the cake, I headed to the great hall for dinner.

it's just another ordinary day for you. Everyone, except Neville, has forgotten your birthday.

"Are you alright?" I ran into someone with a deep voice. I'm glad it's Snape. I nodded.

"Dumbledore wants you to come to the Great Hall right away." He said, grabbing my hands and pulling me into the Great Hall.

We've arrived at the front door, and what I saw inside took me completely by surprise. The ceiling is decorated with stars and they look like a night sky. Everyone is holding a lantern, which is my favorite and there is a banner that says "Happy birthday Adelia!" on it. The entire hall is incredibly bright and dazzling due to the abundance of fairy lights that have been strung throughout it. There's a large Christmas wreath on the mantle, as well as garlands decorated with numerous Christmas balls. I adore the entire atmosphere. I can't help but be amazed and delighted by what I'm seeing.

"Happy birthday." Snape said and I return the greeting with a smile.

"I was under the belief that you had forgotten." He smirked.

"Perhaps a pleasant surprise? Do you want to come in with me?" He asked. I nodded.

We made our way to the teacher's table and my father notice us.

"Adelia, Happy birthday!" He said with a smile on his face. I thanked him.

I sat down next to Snape. Professor Minerva stands for the announcement of the headmaster by tapping her glass.

"Everyone should take note. Our Headmaster would like to share some exciting news with you."

Mr. Dumbledore stands. "As you can see, we are celebrating two important occasions today: the birthday of Professor Adelia and the eve of Christmas. Please join me in wishing her a very happy birthday." He said and everyone in the school greets me at the same time. I take a deep breath and say "thank you" in hushed tones to express my gratitude for them.

"You'll notice that each of you is carrying a lantern. I'd like you to write your wishes and greetings for Professor Adelia on it, and we'll fly it up into the sky later." Minerva said and the students immediately started writing.

Approximately an hour later, the students had finished their lanterns. Dumbledore ordered them to light up the lanterns, and we moved to the terrace to release them into the night sky, which was a good thing because lanterns are particularly beautiful when lit up in the dark. I close my eyes to make a wish. After that, students return to their dorms. Dad has also returned to his office and I am once again alone on the terrace, gazing up at the night sky with my eyes closed. I'm starting to get cold in the middle of the night, but someone comes over and puts a coat on me. I turn around and saw Snape is standing behind me.

"Thanks." I said and he handed me a box, which he opened and I saw an unusual pendant on a silver bracelet.

He took my hands and places the bracelet on my wrist, saying, "It's an infinity symbol means I'll love you endlessly."

"Thank you." I say as I hug him. He then kisses my forehead and wraps his arms around me once more.

[A/N: This is what it looks like]

I'm suddenly remembered that there's a yule ball tomorrow

I'm suddenly remembered that there's a yule ball tomorrow. I was waiting for him to ask me out for a dance tomorrow.

Maybe he won't attend yule ball? 

"Did you plan on attending the yule ball tomorrow?" I asked. He nodded.

"We are required to attend it." He replied.

"I see." I said and silence appear.

"Why? Will you be there as well?" He asked.

"Of course." I answered.

"Alright then, see you tomorrow." He smiled. I nodded. I was about to go back inside when he held my wrist.

"W-Would you like to dance with me?" Finally, he said it.

I smiled and said, "Yes, of course! See you tomorrow. Goodnight, Severus."

"Goodnight." He said and I headed inside.

I can't wait to dance tomorrow with him.