XXVIII. The Great Lake

I was surprised to see Tom approaching with a large crowd of death eaters behind him and Nagini beside him. I noticed Harry laying on Lucius' arm. Perhaps I should kill Nagini this time.

"Harry Potter is dead! From this day forward, you put your faith in me or suffer the consequences. Who would like to join us?" Voldemort announced.

"No!" Ginny's cry echoes over the grounds as she rushes towards Voldemort, but Arthur steps between and wraps his daughter in his arms. Everyone became sad from what we heard.

"Draco." Lucius whispered and Draco looks up, sees his father summon him forth with a short nod. He hesitates. Lucius smiles thinly.

"Come, Draco." Narcissa said but her tone is quiet but absolute. Draco looks into her eyes. Draco hesitates briefly, stung, then joins his mother.

"Well done, Draco. Who will be next? Hm, Come now, don't be shy." Voldemort said and I saw Nagini, on his side, hissing.

I did not hesitate to raise my wand and said "Confrango!"

Fire blasted at Nagini. Voldemort collapses immediately. We saw Harry wake up and run away from Lucius' arm toward me. Death eaters were taken aback when they saw that Harry was still alive. Many of them became alarmed and decided to run away, including the Malfoys, while the others remained. The remaining death eaters decided to fight, but they were defeated in the end. Mrs. Weasley was victorious over Bellatrix. Voldemort rises to his feet and was about to attack me, but I protect myself with my orb shield.

"I can't believe you've betrayed me once again, Adelia! I used to think you were still an old friend of mine!" He stated.

"I don't want anyone else to die because of you." I said.

He chuckles and said "You should thank me! I didn't kill you."

"I wish we didn't meet." I said and then I asked Harry about the Horcrux. Hermione handed me the cup, the locket, and the diadem.

I showed him his Horcrux and said "See this? You've trusted a wrong friend."

"Professor." Harry stops me.

"It's alright Harry." I said as I return my attention to Voldemort.

"I guess the prophecy didn't predict this, but it wasn't Harry who will end you, It was me!"

I held the Locket and pulled out a basilisk fang in my pocket. I looked at snape and he also looks at me as if he has no idea what I'm going to do.

Forgive me, if I can no longer keep my promise to you. I have to save Hogwarts.

Tears fell from my eyes and I didn't doubt to stab the three Horcrux.

"No!" Voldemort screamed and he became weakened as a result.

"Let's end this the way we started it." I said.

A black mist enters my body, making me feel dizzy and weak that causing my body to collapse. Voldemort was also in pain, Harry raises his wand and cast spells at Voldemort. The Elder Wand sails from Voldemort's hand. Voldemort has been defeated and vanished; he is gone.

Snape rushes over to me. He took my hand in his and placed me on his arm. He began to sob. I don't have the strength anymore. I'm relieved that Hogwarts is no longer in danger.

He attempted to counter-curse me, but nothing changed. The curse was far too strong.

"it's okay, everything will be okay." I said to Snape as tears streamed down my cheeks.

I don't want to go. I wish there was something that could save me right now from this curse. I desperately wanted to be with him, forever.

I'm happy that I met Snape but I guess this is where our story will end. I guess this is our destiny.

"Adelia, If I told you that I was your first love, would you believe me?" He confessed while sobbing.

"Yes. I know. I saw him on you. So you were the one who saved me that night." I said as I slowly lost my breath.

--Flashback--

Losing her is like having the rug swept from under you. We make plans for that day and did not think twice about how those plans can be taken away in the blink of an eye. I never thought much about it myself, until I was faced with the shock and undeniable truth of my mother's death. I cried.

I was alone on the lake, and there was a whispering voice inside me telling me to jump and drown myself until I no longer felt the pain. I did it because the effect of grief and sadness convinced me more.

I was slowly being swallowed up by the water. I wanted to breathe so hard, I was trying to push myself in the air but couldn't breathe and gravity used to pull me down. I knew I was going to die and I was trying very hard but I couldn't speak and breathe. It was slow and painful but it feels like just falling asleep. The water began to fill in my lungs and I soon realized that there was nothing I can or will do. My mouth can't speak but my heart was crying for help. My body had become weakened that I began to see flashbacks of my entire life with my family and my friends that I've done things together. I was about to accept my fate but suddenly out of nowhere, I saw a man.
He came to me even though I hadn't asked for it. I saw hope in him. He appeared terrified but did not hesitate to swim down to me, reaching for my hands. He took me out of the water and that causes me to breathe again.

And ever since then, I've made a promise to myself that I will take care of him.

--Flashback ends--

"It was good to see you again." I smiled as I cupped his face.

"Don't go. Don't leave me." He pleaded.

"Look at me." I said and he does. "I will wait for you, Severus." He sobbed before nodding.

"I love you." He said. it was the first time I heard him say that.

"I love you too." I said then I close my eyes and stop breathing.

And all I could think about was you, even in my very last moment.