24

It had been two months since the J.V.-Varsity game. Things had settled down since then. Everyone had gotten into the rhythm of life at Eden Hall and there was less commotion from the Varsity players since then. Of course, there was always still little things but it wasn't like a full out war anymore.

Julie and Scooter hadn't worked out.

Well, it never really started.

Scooter and Julie had a big conversation about their feelings and they both said that it would be weird to be together because of the age difference. I mean, he was a senior and she's a freshman, it is weird. He didn't want to have a bad reputation from it either, which is understandable.

Julie and Dean though, well, they started dating last month. They fit each other, they both seem really happy.

Everyone was currently sitting in my living room. I was passing around mugs of either tea or hot chocolate to everyone while a Christmas movie played on the TV. There was only five days till Christmas anyways and tomorrow, the Ducks who didn't live in Minnesota would go back home for the break.

Scooter had even showed up, Adam and I had both practically begged him to come because he was our friend. He was worried about the rest of the team's opinion on him since he was Varsity and treated them like shit.

"You're just worried about Julie." I poked fun of him.

Scooter shook his head as Adam and I followed him into his kitchen, we had showed up at his house because we wanted him to come that much, "No, I'm seriously glad she's happy. I just don't think the rest of your friends like me all that much."

I, of course, rolled my eyes at him, "They don't have a choice. We like you. If they're jackasses you have all rights to leave, but they won't be. I promise."

"C'mon, Scooter." Adam tried.

Scooter sighed, "Alright, fine."

Scooter was laughing at Averman for having spilt hot chocolate on himself, I laughed a little too as I sat down next to Adam. Adam put his arm around my shoulders and I leaned into him as I switched my attention to the movie playing.

I was so incredibly grateful for the way my life was turning out.

Adam leaned down to my ear, "Is your brother coming?"

The doorbell rang, "Yeah, that's probably him. I'll be back." I set my mug down on the coffee table and stand up to go and get the door.

I open it to see Atlas holding his arms and then pushing past me, "Jesus fuck, move Wren, it's cold."

I roll my eyes and close the door, "It's so lovely to see you too Atlas."

Atlas turns back to me, "Right, where are my manners? Wren, my darling sister, how the hell are ya?" He pulls me into a bone-crushing hug and I feel all the air leave my lungs and I start to gasp for air.

"Ok, down. Put me down."

Atlas laughs loudly, "Sorry."

I bump his shoulder with mine and walk into the living room, Atlas follows behind me, "Alright, so some of you know him, some of you don't, but this is my other brother Atlas. He's a jackass."

I turn to see Atlas looking at all the many faces of my friends, "God, there's so many of you."

I point as I name my friends, "Ok, well we have Adam, Connie, Guy, Fulton, Dean, Julie, Dwayne, Kenny, Russ, Luis, Charlie, Linda: Charlie's girlfriend, Scooter, Goldberg, and Averman. There's a lot of them so don't feel bad if you don't remember all of their names."

"Yeah, ok."

Atlas and I both sit down and we let the movie continue.

When the movie ends I clear my throat to get everyone's attention, "Ok, now that I have everyone's attention. I have an announcement to make."

"You're pregnant?" Atlas jokes.

My face drops, "Wait, how did you know?"

Everyone else's face drops as well and Adam reaches to hold my hand, "You've gotta be kidding me, Wren." Gordon cuts in from his recliner chair.

"No, I'm totally kidding." Everyone breathes a sigh of relief, "The presents under the tree are for you guys. That was the announcement."

"God, I thought you were serious, especially with the way Adam reacted." Gordon sighs as he starts passing out gifts.

Adam laughs, "I figured she was kidding, Coach."

Gordon pauses, looks over at us, and raises an eyebrow, "Figured? What's that supposed to mean Banks?"

Adam's face got beet red and I started to wheeze with laughter, "Knew. I knew she was kidding. Yeah, that's what I meant to say."

Gordon nods slowly and starts to pass out the gifts again and everyone tears them open, "Nice save, Banksie."

"Oh my god, I thought he was gonna shoot me." Adam whispers to me and I break out into laughter again.

Everyone's presents included something that I associated with them. Like with Connie I associated iris flowers with her for some reason so she got a necklace with an iris charm, and then everyone also got a photo of them with their friends. Each photo was different.

"Where's my present?" Adam asked.

"Am I not enough for you?" I ask back.

Guy laughs next to us, "Oh, you just dug yourself into a hole, Cake-Eater. Have fun climbing out." Connie hits his chest, "What?"

I giggle and reach down next to me, handing him a small box, "I'm kidding. Here."

"I swear to God, if it's a pregnancy test..." Adam says as he unwraps it.

I laugh, "That would've been so funny. God, I should've thought of that." Adam smiles and then he finally gets to the present, it's a simple silver ring, "Alright, it looks basic but here." I move the ring so he can see the engraving that's on the inside of it.

A&W

Adam smiles as he slides it on his finger, "Very sweet, Wren."

He kisses my cheek, "See, I was debating on it saying either Cake-eater, Bitch boy, idiot, or something else. I decided that one was fun though."

"It's perfect."

The rest of the night was spent binging Christmas movies and throwing popcorn. Everyone ended up sleeping over and we woke up to it snowing.

Again.

It felt like it hadn't stopped for weeks. I liked it though, especially when it was untouched. I think that's when snow is the prettiest.

You know, I never thought that my life would turn out this way, but I'm so happy that it did. I couldn't think of anything better.

A/N

And that's a wrap.

Jeez, I've never written more than one book just for one person. I deserve an award.

Anyways, I hope yall enjoyed the little story between Wren and Adam.

Thank you guys for reading it, cause it means a lot.

The new book will probably be posted right after I post this chapter lmao so enjoy that if that's something you want to read.

-Milo