12

I had taken a cold shower. I was still shivering after I had gotten changed into some sweats and a sweatshirt. It was my fault, I chose to take a cold shower to sober myself up a little bit and hey, it worked. 

I was going downstairs to fill a water bottle before going to bed. Scooter was still sitting on the couch, "Where's Adam?" 

Scooter looked away from the TV and at me, "He went upstairs. Said he was going to sleep." 

"Great. He stole my bed." 

Scooter laughs and looks back at the TV as I go into the kitchen and fill up a water bottle. I sit down next to Scooter, who was watching cartoons, "Are you going to sleep?" I ask him. 

"Yeah, I just like these cartoons." 

"There's another room down here, you can steal the bed." 

"Nah, you can take it. Adam stole your bed anyways, I'll just sleep here on the couch." 

I stand up and grab the water bottle, "No, just take it. Besides, I'll either share with Adam or make him sleep in the bathtub." I point down the hallway towards Gordon's room, "It's just down there if you want the bed. Night." 

"Night." 

I walk back up the stairs and into my room to see a shirtless Adam laying on top of my covers. I sigh and grab a large sweatshirt out of my closet and toss at him. He had already fallen asleep, not waking up from the impact of the sweatshirt. 

I walked over to him and pushed him off of the bed. 

"Up, I'm up." He mumbled as he shot into a sitting position. 

I grab the sweatshirt and throw it at him, "Clothes." 

"It's so hot, though." 

I grab Adam's arm and pull him up, "It won't be in a second." 

Adam stumbled behind me as I pulled him into my bathroom and turned the shower on to the coldest it would go. I push him into it and he screams before he jumps out of it, "Why the fuck would you do that?" 

I smile at him, "Sober yet?" 

Adam shakes his head, getting the water off of his hair as I toss him a towel, "Yes." 

"Good. I have some extra clothes for you if you want them. Or you can sleep in your wet jeans." 

Adam wraps the towel around his shoulders and his teeth start to chatter, "Just give me the clothes." I walk out of the bathroom, "I hate you!" He calls after me. I laugh at him.

When I come back I give him a pair of sweats that were too big for me and the sweatshirt that I had thrown at him. I leave him alone again and go back to my room. 

When Adam comes in he's death glaring at me, "What's the look for?" 

"You know what it's for." 

I smile at him, "Oh, I'm perfectly aware what it's for." 

"Shut up." He throws the wet towel at my face and I throw it back at him. 

"Go hang this up so it dries. If you leave it on the floor I'm never letting you spend the night here again." 

Adam grabs the towel, scowling, "What about Scooter?"

"Scooter isn't the one leaving wet towels on the floor or throwing them at me. Go put it up." 

Adam grumbles when he leaves but he comes back and lays on my bed again, still on top of the covers, "You'll be warmer if you go under the covers you nut."