7

The team had been sent to the Dean's office, which would make sense. I just tagged along besides them.

"Hey, check it out. He knows Wayne Newton." Charlie pointed out, gesturing to a picture.

Kenny walked up behind him, "Charlie, man, this is not a good start to our year."

"Don't worry, Kenny. These prepsters aren't gonna do anything to us. Check it out. Antsville."

The team became fascinated by the ants, I just stood back, not wanting to get close to the crawlies.

"You can learn a lot from ants." Dean Buckley stated, startling the team, "These Brazilian fire ants can teach you a lot about successful societal structure. C'mere. You see, there's one queen in there. The rest are dedicated worker ants. Everybody pulls their weight. Nobody complains. There's harmony and growth. Same here at Eden Hall." I rolled my eyes, he probably practiced this a thousand times. "Only you are the workers, the backbone."

"And you're the queen?" Russ questioned.

I giggled, hiding my face behind my hand. The rest of the team started to snicker too.

"Hmm. Just head to class." I rolled my eyes at the stupidity of being called into the Dean's office for that.

Luckily, all of us had the same classes. I wonder how they pulled that off.

We all went to our first lesson of the day, choosing seats right next to each other, Adam on my right, Averman on my left.

"Good morning class." The masculine looking teacher said as she walked into the room, "Before we start. I have some rules to set out. Don't chew gum, don't talk unless you raise your hand, stay in your seats, and respect me. You respect me, I'll respect you."

I leaned over to Adam, "God, I already hate it here." Adam snickered.

"You, young lady." She pointed at me, "Do I need to repeat the rules?"

"No, ma'am." It took everything in me not to roll my eyes.

"Good. Now, every Monday you'll have a practice quiz, every Wednesday you'll have a real quiz, every Friday you'll have an exam, and any time I feel like it you'll have a surprise quiz or exam."

All of our mouths dropped open. This was ridiculous. All this, for one class? God, they were trying to kill us here. I was already debating calling Aunt Erin and asking if she had room in France with her.

The last class before lunch was history. We all got there fast so we could pick out our seats again. I sat right behind Adam. I was just praying this class was better but I knew it was a bust when the teacher started with, "It's been said that the present is to the past, like a dwarf on the shoulders of a giant. If the dwarf holds his seat, he can, indeed, see further than the giant." I slumped down deep into my seat, already hoping the day would just go by faster, "But beware, if the dwarf should grow careless and forget his place." The teacher set the dwarf stuffy down on Fulton's desk, slamming it with the large book, "History...is a giant. Get ready to ride."

Just as I had set my head down on my desk, preparing to slam it like the teacher had the book, the bell rang. I looked up to the sky, "Oh, thank baby Jesus." I grabbed my things and scurried out of the class, Adam close on my heels.

He bumped into my lightly, "I was thinking that class was never going to end."

I groaned, "I think this school year is never going to end. I'm already so tired and I'm behind in studying. It's the first day, how am I even behind in studying?"

We were about to walk by Luis when he got slammed into some lockers by the Varsity kids, I stopped, watching them glare at him before moving onto Kenny, grabbing his lunch, "All this work makes me hungry." One of them said.