15

Charlie wasn't talking to me. 

That's fine. 

Everyone else had just decided to stay out of it. Besides Adam because he was involved in everything anyways. 

I hated drama. 

I was getting sick of all of this. But hey, what's high school without hating your best friend's guts? 

It was finally Friday again. There were no hockey games today, no parties (that I knew of), and everyone was off eating dinner at some fancy restaurant. Which meant that I was completely and utterly alone. 

I hadn't really been alone in forever. It was weird to feel alone. 

I just decided to go to sleep. I was tired from the day anyways and I could always do my homework later. I changed into comfortable clothes and climbed into bed. Sleeping the night away. 

I woke up to loud pounding on the door. I mumbled a coming as I crawled out of my bed and opened the door to see a formally dressed Adam standing in front of me. His face was flushed and his eyes were panicked. 

"Fuck." I already knew this was bad so I opened the door wide and let Adam slip in. 

He was pacing the small room, tugging at his hair and mumbling so quietly and fast that I had no idea what he was saying. I grabbed his arm, stopping him from moving. He paused his pacing and faced me. His eyes were wide and filled with tears that weren't slipping. He let out a shaky breath as he pulled me into a bone crushing hug. 

Ok, this was bad. 

I just held onto him. I could feel his tears on my neck but I didn't mind. If he needed to cry, I would let him. 

He loosened his grip on me and I slowly backed away to lead him onto my bed. He let go of me as he sat down on the edge. His hands quickly moved to his head, tugging on his hair once again. I sat down next to him and grabbed the hand closest to me and gently moved it away from his head, "Stop hurting yourself and tell me what happened." 

His face still had tears on them so I wiped them away with my sleeve, he moved his head away from me, pulling himself out of my reach. 

Adam's voice was shaky as he started to talk, "They didn't tell me until it was to late." 

"What was to late?" 

Adam looked over at me again, "The dinner." 

"Ok, what happened at the dinner that you didn't know about?" Adam looked like he was about to tell me but shook his head and buried his face in his hands again, "Adam. It's ok. I'm not going to judge you, I just want to help." 

"You can't help this." 

"I can listen." 

Adam sighed and looked at me again, "They told the Ducks that we were paying. Not to bring money because it was our treat, the tradition that we had to keep. Then we left. We left them to pay without any money. They purposefully racked up the bill too. I didn't know until we were about to leave. That's when they told me. I swear it, Wren, I swear." 

I pulled Adam to me again, holding him, "I know. You wouldn't do that to your friends on purpose. It's alright." 

"They aren't going to believe me." 

He was probably right, we both knew it. Charlie didn't like either of us right now anyways so the chances of any forgiveness within the next twenty years was dim, "Just explain it to them." 

"They won't care." 

"It's ok." 

"It's not, Wren. It's not."