23

The Ducks had continued to practice up until Friday. They did two-a-days, I didn't know how they did it.

When Adam finally had the time to study with me, he just ended up falling asleep. Julie did too.

I'm surprised they managed to stay awake during our classes, even I was having trouble with that and I didn't even play hockey.

It came Friday, the day of the game. I was sitting on the bleachers, behind the Duck's box. Orion wouldn't let me in the locker room so this was what I had settled for, being right near them while they played.

Varsity was on the ice, warming up and showing off. Of course they would.

I started to look for Scooter but stopped myself.

I was disappointed in him. In the time that I had been his friend, it was clear that he struggled with standing up for himself and his friends. He had come to me after the confrontation between everyone and said that he was sorry things turned out like that and apologized for Rick's behavior. I just told him I wasn't the one he needed to apologize to. He still felt awful, and I could see that so I told him to go back to his room after hugging him and forgiving him.

He definitely needed to work on his values.

The Ducks came onto the ice, their old jersey's worn proudly. I couldn't help but start cheering for them, happy to see the Duck's jersey once again. Even if it was only for one game.

The Ducks skated in a circle, touching the ice as they skated.

They were showing their respect for Hans, the coach who had taught them to fly.

It was a sad moment, even the crowd could feel the importance and symbolism of this moment.

The game was about to start. The Ducks put their hands together and started chanting, "Quack, quack, quack..."

The rest of the crowd, mainly the people supporting the Ducks, stood up; continuing the chant as the starters made their way to the ice. Before Adam put on his helmet, he looked over at me, making eye contact.

He put his helmet on and the game was ready to begin.

The face-off was between Rick and Adam, Rick beat Adam too it. The puck now in Varsity's possession. Rick continued to skate his way down the ice and shot on the Duck's goal, Julie was quick with a save.

Varsity gained control of the puck once again, they tried to overwhelm and overpower the Ducks. When they shot again, Goldberg came to the defense; preventing the puck from going any closer to Julie in the goal.

Varsity came back hard, overwhelming Julie at the goal but they were still unsuccessful with the goal.

Orion sent Fulton out onto the ice, bringing Russ back in.

Another face-off started, this one between Charlie and Rick.

Charlie managed to push Rick over, which let Dwayne take the puck. The Duck's had finally gotten the puck for the first time tonight.

Dwayne managed to avoid one check, but got hit with another. Fulton was right there to hit the Varsity player down, and another Varsity player checked Fulton right after.

"Jesus." I whispered to myself.

Varsity had the puck again and they tried to score but Julie saved it again.

"Let's go Julie!" I screamed out in support.

The crowd cheered as Charlie gained the puck, but he was quickly checked into the boards.