21

Gordon left a day later, told me he had more business so I went back to Eden Hall; where I had no privacy and no space. Yay. 

At least it was Friday, but that meant it was game day for both teams. Which also meant that I was currently sitting alone in my room because all my friends left awhile ago, the Varsity team leaving way before them. 

I was alone. 

I had my moods, sometimes all I wanted was to be alone and other times all I wanted was to be surrounded by people, or just with people. Right now, I wanted people. 

The aloneness was starting to suffocate me so I dragged myself off of my bed, searching for any form of company. I'd find some somewhere, even if it meant that I would spend my Friday afternoon with some random people that I didn't know. Good things I was always good at making friends. 

I was walking through the girl's dorm building, it was three stories tall, Julie and I were on the first floor, along with the majority of the other underclassmen. Sometimes people would leave their doors open to let people know that it was ok to come in, but no doors were open. 

I rolled my eyes as I climbed the stairs to the third level, I really didn't want to leave the dorms right now. 

I walked down the hallways of the third floor to see absolutely no doors open. God, what was everyone doing on a Friday afternoon? Sleeping? Probably. 

I was about to go back down to my room when I heard one of the doors open, I turned to see Mindy leaving her room. She was looking away but then she turned her head and saw me, then she smiled, "Wren, hey." 

Mindy walked down to me and looped her arm in mine, "Hey." 

"Why aren't you at the hockey game?" She asked me as she led us down the stairs. 

I shrugged, "I don't know, didn't have a ride. I'm to young to have a license." I open the doors leading out of the building, since Mindy had pulled me this way. "Why didn't you go? Aren't you supposed to be cheering at the games?" 

Mindy stifled a laugh, "We don't cheer at away games for hockey." 

"Why not?" 

"I don't know, probably has something to do with bussing. But anyways, I was going to go to the game, but I had to retake a test after school and I just got back to my dorm. I still might go, if I have time." 

It was around 4:15 when I had left my room, "I don't know, they probably still have another period or two before it ends. Their game starts at 3:45 or something, at least that's what Adam said." 

Mindy unattached her arm from mine, "Wanna go?" She quirked up an eyebrow at me, she looked really pretty. 

"If you want to, then of course." 

Mindy smiled, "Alright, come on." Mindy led me to her car and we got in, driving to whatever school that our team was playing against today. 

By the time we got there, there was only four minutes left on the clock, Mindy sighed as we sat down, "Damn, I thought we'd be able to watch them for at least a little longer than four minutes. Sorry for dragging you out here." 

"No, no. It's ok. If anything, I can just find a party for all of us to go to." 

Mindy winked at me, "Good thinking." 

The rest of the game went by slow, so we did end up getting to watch them for longer than four minutes. We hadn't paid a lot of attention though, we were making friends with the students around us, trying to find a party that was open invite.