4

I woke up the next day with a group of kids in my room.

"What the fuck." The team jumped on me screaming my name. "Oh my god! Ok! Ok! I missed you guys too! Jesus. Averman, stopping kiss my face."

"I'm sorry, I'm just so excited you're back. Do you know how much I've missed you? I've missed you a lot ok."

I laugh at Averman, "Yeah, I know. That's all you talked about when we'd talk on the phone."

"Good point."

I laughed at the group, who had now sprawled out across my bed, making themselves comfortable, "You guys sure know how to make yourself at home."

"Well I, for one, am annoyed that you didn't even tell me that you were coming home." Connie said as she crawled to sit next to me and under the covers.

Home.

I liked the sound of that.

"I didn't tell anyone."

"Not even Adam?" Averman gasped.

I threw my pillow at him and Adam's face turned bright red, "No, not even Adam. See, I was the one who was supposed to surprise all of you but you guys just had to ruin it. How did you even know I was back?"

Adam shrugged his shoulders, "Who do you think would tell us?"

"Gordon. I'm gonna kill him."

I got out of bed and started to leave my room, I could hear Charlie call out from room, "Now there's the Wren we know and love."

I walked downstairs to see Gordon drinking coffee and reading the paper, "You ruined it."

"Hm?"

"I wanted to surprise them. You told them."

Gordon set the paper down to see my face, "Well, I thought that this would be a nice homecoming gift for you."

"It was very nice. Weird to see them all surrounding my bed as soon as I woke up, but very nice."

I heard a stampede of feet coming down the stairs and I turned to look at the group who were now making themselves comfortable in front of the TV. I rolled my eyes at them. Gordon stood up from behind me and made his way to the living room, I followed behind him.

He grabbed the remote and muted the TV, "I have big news for all of you. When I was a kid, I had the opportunity to go to a private high school, called Eden Hall-"

"Sounds stupid." Goldberg interrupted.

"It's not stupid, Goldberg. But the big news, is that all of you have been granted athletic scholarships there. As well as Dean, Luis, Russ, Dwayne, Kenny, and Julie."

"For hockey?" Guy asked.

"No for football. What do you think Guy?" Adam asked.

I smiled, he's clearly changed since I've been gone. I think I might like this Adam, "God, Adam. You sound like me."

Averman turned around to face me from the couch, "It was scary. Almost as soon as you left, he started to talk like you. He's so scary." I rolled my eyes at the kid.

"Anyways," Gordon tried to continue, "I thought that all of you should know, since school starts in two weeks."

The team didn't say anything so Gordon unmuted the TV, letting the cartoons play.

"I'm excited to see Dean again. Hey, Wren. You lived in Illinois, did you and Dean ever hangout?" Fulton asked me.

"Hm, a Bash Bro reunion. No, though. He lives like an hour and a half from me, I wasn't about to drive all the way just to see him."